N15class's 2012 Challenge, Push Pull Trailer third.

N15class

Well just a bit more done. Progress seems slow at the moment. I think it is all to do with too many things going on. The house builders need checking and we have just put in a new bathroom for Mother in Law, and about half a dozen model projects. Time may be to rationalize.

I have remade the ends. They now need to be fitted, this may well give me some more inspiration to get on and finish it. They also look better than the first ones so that is also a bonus.

post-13601-0-42543900-1340975915_thumb.jpg

post-13601-0-82180700-1340975991_thumb.jpg

post-13601-0-90976300-1340976049_thumb.jpg

The inside of this was finished, and the false roof fitted. There is a lack of passengers in this one as I could not find my stock of seated people. So they will just have to sit in the driving coach.post-13601-0-16066000-1340976173_thumb.jpg

post-13601-0-62253700-1340976237_thumb.jpg

The roof I made that is documented ealier is not right it did work but I got it a little narrow in a couple of places so I will make it in position I think.

That will be the next job as I am having problems sorting out a way to make the queen posts. I may have to see if I can get some from Roxey Mouldings.

I had to put this picture into the coach it is of Old Harrys rocks in Purbeck, one of my wife and I favourite walks when we lived there.

post-13601-0-53880200-1340976287_thumb.jpg

Hello Peter

I lost track of this thread some time back, and now very pleased to catch up. For what its worth, I learned to take infinite care with styrene sheet, tried sandwich construction et al, but still made a pig's ear with distortion. My conclusions, not yet attempted, are to try impact adhesive, or use millimetre ply.

I may have missed a bit about the date of your model. Post-war, ex-LBSCR and ex-SECR bogie carriages became the norm on the Island, but pre-war there were some ex-LSWR bogie sets of the type with a centre guards compartment for the bogie brake thirds. (Real-life kit-bashed from bogie brake compos.)

Hth

PB

Hello Peter

I lost track of this thread some time back, and now very pleased to catch up. For what its worth, I learned to take infinite care with styrene sheet, tried sandwich construction et al, but still made a pig's ear with distortion. My conclusions, not yet attempted, are to try impact adhesive, or use millimetre ply.

I may have missed a bit about the date of your model. Post-war, ex-LBSCR and ex-SECR bogie carriages became the norm on the Island, but pre-war there were some ex-LSWR bogie sets of the type with a centre guards compartment for the bogie brake thirds. (Real-life kit-bashed from bogie brake compos.)

Hth

PB

This is one that was not on the IOW but you are right there was quite a bit of cut and shutting going on in the Southern.

I model circa 1930 Southern mostly ex LSWR. This and the driver brake third will be as rebuilt with air controls, and the flat front rather than a panelled one.

I would be careful of impact adhesive as it is likely to melt the plastic. There is a product I think listed quite close to the start of this thread, that is very gently on the plasticard.

• 2 months later...

Well it looks like I have run into trouble with this as far as time is concerned. I will not get this finished in time allowed.

But I will keep posting here as it progresses. Well for now here is a little update on what little has been done since the last post.

I had decided to make the roof as part of the body as I was having trouble keeping it in shape.

I have shaped the sides of the roof all I need to do now is shape the top now, and also shape the underside of the ends.

post-13601-0-57389300-1348607065_thumb.jpg

post-13601-0-05924800-1348607124_thumb.jpg

The ends have been fitted except for the the tops. this will be done once the roof is completed.

post-13601-0-43620300-1348607019_thumb.jpg

Well all I will say now is a big well done to all those taking part. The quality of the entries has been wonderful. I look forward to seeing them all being completed in the future.

Hi Pete -

Know the feeling... It used to be 'Why is there so much month left at the end of the money' - now it's 'why is there so much modelling left at the end of the competition'!

Ah well, there's now 2013 to look forward to!

Regs

Ian

Regs

Ian

Hi Pete -

Know the feeling... It used to be 'Why is there so much month left at the end of the money' - now it's 'why is there so much modelling left at the end of the competition'!

Ah well, there's now 2013 to look forward to!

Regs

Ian

Regs

Ian

Yes 2013 is coming up and what are we going to let ourselves in for.

The coaches are looking really good Peter, and I always reckon a project takes three-times longer than you think it will. It does for me anyway!

All the best,

Dave.T

Thanks Dave

I thought I was going to have plenty of time. But I spent to much on my loco's that get me some money coming in. I might be able to get the roof finished. If I can the body may even go green, but promises.

• 1 year later...

Archived