Unique S&D 2-8-0 from Bachmann

cctransuk

I apologise if this has been mentioned before, but I have read elsewhere, and confirmed at Bachmann's website, that they are to produce 31-013 Class 7F 2-8-0 53808 BR Black Late Crest Deeley Tender.

A must-have for me!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

They are also doing 88 in SDJR Prussian Blue. A must have for me.

I presume this is a special commission? Who is it from?

There is a train set listed on Bachmann Europe's website. It lists the following: "Class 7F 2-8-0 88 SDJR Blue (150th Commemorative )"

I am very curious to see what is included in this set. I'm guessing that since it is listed as Era 9, we might see it packaged with some chocolate and cream Mk1s representing operations on the WSR. I haven't seen any other details yet.

Has anyone??

Kernow has pictures of the Western Rambler and Midnight Metropolitan* sets. The Bachmann Europe website doesn't have the Midnight Met set pictured yet!

* also new.

(I'm not keen to buy a cheap controller and some Bachmann track, just to get the 7F, but we'll see.)

Does the NRM Midland Compound have the same Deeley tender?

53808's tender is a Deeley chassis with a Fowler type body that is shorter than the chassis, resulting in a narrow 'platform' at the rear.

Bachmann may well use a Fowler body on a Deeley chassis - they have both in their range.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

There is a train set listed on Bachmann Europe's website. It lists the following: "Class 7F 2-8-0 88 SDJR Blue (150th Commemorative )"

I am very curious to see what is included in this set. I'm guessing that since it is listed as Era 9, we might see it packaged with some chocolate and cream Mk1s representing operations on the WSR. I haven't seen any other details yet.

(I'm not keen to buy a cheap controller and some Bachmann track, just to get the 7F, but we'll see.)

It is just the loco in a wooden presentation box. For some reason it is listed under 'sets' on the Bachmann Website where-as in the catalogue (had a look at shop copy at the local) it is in the loco section. It's also Era 9 because, as far as i'm aware, the livery is only correct for this loco in preservation.

I've already got mine ordered :D even though i'm into N Gauge!

Ollie

Be good if we could have a 7F with a tender cab, I know the Bachmann boiler is wrong era for this tender style but I'd still buy one.

The boiler is actually OK for the 1914 build. The smokebox saddle is different and the boiler fittings need to be changed for RH drive but with steam reverse, there's no reversing rod to fit. There are other details which I am still trying to evaluate as most of the published photos of the RHS are no more than thumbnails.

See also my other post (on the S&DJR Bit of the forum) asking for such photographs and recieving some valuable information.

• 1 month later...

Archived