Model Railway Club, London - not accepting new members?

R E Faust

Hi everyone,

As it's my local club I have been thinking about the possibility of joining the MRC, and with that view in mind have contacted them 2 or 3 times - about once a week - via their web site, following the instructions to leave a message for the membership secretary. So far I have not had any response at all, which I find odd as I thought they were actively looking for newer members. Am I wrong, or just going about it the wrong way by following the instructions /advice they give on their site?

A frustrated would-be member...

R E Faust

Hi everyone,

As it's my local club I have been thinking about the possibility of joining the MRC, and with that view in mind have contacted them 2 or 3 times - about once a week - via their web site, following the instructions to leave a message for the membership secretary. So far I have not had any response at all, which I find odd as I thought they were actively looking for newer members. Am I wrong, or just going about it the wrong way by following the instructions /advice they give on their site?

A frustrated would-be member...

R E Faust

Whilst I cannot give an answer as to why you have had no reply from the Model Railway Club, you could speak with them next week at Alexandra Palace if you are going, as they are the hosting club for the show, or if in the area pop into Keen house on a Thursday night (again the website should give times when the club meets) Hope this helps

Colin

...... if in the area pop into Keen house on a Thursday night (again the website should give times when the club meets) Hope this helps

Colin

I'd suggest this is the best approach . You can then get a feel of the club rather than just a quick email exchange . Only don't pick the Thursday before the show................ (ie next week!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On behalf of The Model Railway Club committee I can assure the MRC are welcoming new members.

We have identified there may be a problem with the links from our website, for which we apologise. We have

recently changed our webhost which may have caused the problems.

If Mr Faust would like to come and visit us, or for that matter any RMWeb member, please do turn up

on our main club night which is on a Thursday from about 7pm. Normally our test tracks will be up and

we aim to have at least one of our layouts up and running. The main exceptions being on lecture nights

usually held on the second Thursday of the winter months (September to March) and prior to big exhibitions

we are attending.

The club is about 10 minutes walk from Kings Cross at 4 CalshotStreet, London N1 9DA. Please ring the bell

to get someone to open the door.

We look forward to seeing you, and hope you would like to join us as members.

Tony

Deputy Chairman MRC

Archived