Model of the year 2011

DapolDave

Hi everyone,

With permission from Model Rail, and having just received the latest mag (so public domain) Dapol are proud to annnounce we have been voted 'Model of the Year' for 2011 in the following categories.

OO gauge Steam Locomotive: Beattie Well Tank (exclusive model for Kernow Model Railway Centre)

5th runner up: Sentinel Steam Locomotive (exclusive model for Model Rail Magazine)

OO gauge Diesel Locomotive: LMS 10000 (exclusive model for Hattons)

2nd place runner up: NBL class 22

OO gauge modern wagon: second place JIA China Clay hopper (exclusive for Kernow Model Railway Centre)

------------------------------------

N gauge: Diesel locomotive: HST power cars

3rd place: Class 26

N gauge Wagons: Snowplough (exclusive for N gauge Society)

Innovation Award: Dapol 'Easi-shunt' magnetic couplers

Overall Manfacturer of the year: Second place

Thank you to all who voted for us, and the faith shown in making us runner up in the overall manufacturer of the year for the first time ever!

Hi Dave,

Congratulations on winning in the above listed categories. I have both the Beattie and the Sentinel and they are great models.

The Sentinel was for Model Rail not Hornby magazine,so you might like to change that before one gets upset and the other crows about it when it wasn't theirs.

I have seen a model of the LMS 10000 diesel and it looks and runs great but not for me.

Looking forward to what you have in store for us modellers in 2012-3. Any news on the catalogue?

Mark in OZ

Hi Pete and Mark,

thanks very much.

Can i add a thanks to all our customers who won and who showed a lot of faith in the fact that this is not the 'Pendolino' Dapol of old, but the new progressive Dapol, and i congratulate then on winning their respective prizes (wonder if we have to fight for the certificates :locomotive: )

As for the catalogue, that will be out in April, and it will cover all new items not announced at Ally Pally this weeken.

USA market? who knows? lol

cheers

Dave

Congratulations Dave and Dapol !

Well done for listening and responding to customers requirements. We've been spoilt in recent years with products like the the megafrets, FEA's, KTA's, JIA's, JNA's IOA's etc. I'm very much looking forward to 2012 with the MRA's and the OO gauge semaphore sgnals and whatever else you will be announcing in the near future (hopefully some more OHLE).

Keep up the good work particulaly modern image OO gauge stuff.

T.

Ps. Any chance of the FEA's witout containers please?

Well done! I notice this issue of Model Rail is 'spring' instead of 'May' which it would have been following the April edition which came out last month!

I have been using the coupling system with excellent results. It's been a long wait for a system like this.

The GWR home signals look lovely, but the space needed below the baseboard is too much for my railway. Hope these come out with a side mounted motor at some point.

The new A4 looks great - looking forward to seeing it in action.

One thing I would add is that Joel has provided excellent customer service for problems I have encountered with some Dapol products. Things are definitely improving.

Well done! I notice this issue of Model Rail is 'spring' instead of 'May' which it would have been following the April edition which came out last month!

There was a response fom Chris Leigh on another thread which explained why this issue is the 'Spring' one. Basically, it's because the magazine is issued every 4 weeks and there are 52 weeks in a year and 12*4 = 48. Extra month = Spring!

T.

Guest 40-something

Congrats to all at Dapol, I have a few of your products in both N & OO and Im very impressed.

Waiting patiently for the NBL 21/29!

There was a response fom Chris Leigh on another thread which explained why this issue is the 'Spring' one. Basically, it's because the magazine is issued every 4 weeks and there are 52 weeks in a year and 12*4 = 48. Extra month = Spring!

T.

Thanks for that. Saves me having to explain it again. The 13th issue each year moves around in order to 'bump' the other issues closer to the month shown on the cover, otherwise things can get very out of kilter. It might be summer or autumn next year. We should probably have abandoned months and just gone for issue numbers, but I'm old-fashioned and I liked each issue to have a 'name'. This year's 13th issue should really have been 'Christmas' but magazines with 'Christmas' on the cover don't sell well - especially after Christmas.

CHRIS LEIGH

And the Western will probably be the 2012 winner closley followed by the 'Warship'. Need another Kettle or two Dave

Just look at the Dapol N Gauge forthcoming steam locos - including the A4, other LNER types and the Bullieds following on 'soon', so likely to be 2012 contenders as well :O :sungum:

Richard

The Sentinel was for Model Rail not Hornby magazine,so you might like to change that before one gets upset and the other crows about it when it wasn't theirs.

Mark I believe that Dave has said that the Sentinel was for Model Rail in the OP.

Richard.

Congratulations Dave and the Dapol team! It is great to see you getting the recognition you have long deserved, just a pity there is not a category for customer communication and service as you are second to none!

Good luck with all those secret new items you have hidden up your sleeves......Well done and keep the pressure up on the 'others'.

Martin.

Yes, well done.

unlike a previous poster, I don't come from quality management background (although I've worked for some poor quality management) but as a customer, I know how you've improved the models - firstly by upping the mechanical specs, and then by improving the accuracy of the models themselves. The Western, although not on my radar, looks set to be a cracker, and has been collaboratively developed on here in a previously unknown manner. One hopes certain othet manufacturers, especially one with "hit and miss" record of recent teleases, takes note of this innovative approach.

I don't normally bother with awards and general backslapping, but ill make an honourable exception in this case.

Archived