Bachmann BR Blue/Grey Mk1 & Mk2A Coaches - Forthcoming Releases

southernelectric

Are the product codes different on the newer ones?

I have several of the early ones (i think) which i bought years ago. I'd like to complete a full rake but i want the livery shades to match.

The earlier ones will be in the old style Bachmann dark blue boxes and are reference 39-350, 39-351 for Mk2Z TSOs (without and with Inter-City respectively); 39-360, 39-361 for Mk2A TSOs (again, without and with Inter-City respectively).

The batches from 2012 onwards are in the newer boxes of slightly lighter blue with a red portion running the length at the bottom. They do have the grey extended lower down the bodyside and they are a slightly lighter shade of blue. Two batches were made in 2012: 39-360A and 39-360B, both without Inter-City on the sides. Two new batches are due early next year: 39-361A and 39-361B, both of these will have Inter-City on the sides.

Sorry flood, i was talking about my mk1's. Although i'm guessing your box information would stand across mk1's and mk2's.

As for the mk2's, lets hope next years (third attempt!) have the grey band extended even lower as it still looks a little too close to the windows to me.

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but when did the shade of blue change on the mk1's?

Online i'm seeing different product codes. For example, mk1 TSO's are coming up on google as 39-050, 39-050a, 39-050d, 39-050f etc...

The ones i have are 39-050 and i'd like a matching FO, FK or a composite to go with them.

Thanks in advance chaps.

not entirely sure, the a, b, c codes are where its from a new batch and normally the number and other minor details can be different. I wouldn't think theres any guarantee that the 'a' releases of each of the different coaches came out at the same time.

• 2 years later...

By chance has anybody else spotted the new Mk1 sleeper on the Rails website?  I wasn't aware of this in past announcements but I could of missed it in the small print......

Looks like a second version of the SLSTP in blue/grey but running on Commonwealth bogies.  I do remember ahead of their launch Bachmann said they would offer a choice of BR1 (early era), B4 and Commonwealth bogies...….here at last then on an Inter-City version. 

These Bachy Mk1s do seem to look much nicer sat on these rather than the B4s which have an unsightly gap.

Item number for those interested in 39-503A priced at £34.95

Just remains for them to do the 3rd and final version of inter-city sleeper in its SLC form

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/27711/Bachmann-39-503a-oo-gauge-br-mk1-slstp-sleeper-car-blue-grey-inter-city-

By chance has anybody else spotted the new Mk1 sleeper on the Rails website?  I wasn't aware of this in past announcements but I could of missed it in the small print......

Looks like a second version of the SLSTP in blue/grey but running on Commonwealth bogies.  I do remember ahead of their launch Bachmann said they would offer a choice of BR1 (early era), B4 and Commonwealth bogies...….here at last then on an Inter-City version. 

These Bachy Mk1s do seem to look much nicer sat on these rather than the B4s which have an unsightly gap.

Just remains for them to do the 3rd and final version of inter-city sleeper in its SLC form

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/27711/Bachmann-39-503a-oo-gauge-br-mk1-slstp-sleeper-car-blue-grey-inter-city-

That's a very useful spot!  Were these running on CW bogies by 1968, or actually built with them?  I don't have the Parkin to hand to check, if anyone knows offhand....

• RMweb Premium

Didn't think this was a new release; it wasn't "New" in the 2018 catalogue.

One of the very last surviving MK1 sleepers, and in reasonable condition has gone scrapyard bound presumably as Lloyds bank rifle club got rid of theirs and replaced it with a mk3 one.

https://nra.org.uk/new-train-for-lloyds-bank-rifle-club/

This was the old one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/762_photo/26014063177

The problem was they were riddled with asbestos. That's why so many that were preserved have now been scrapped.

Jason

I just dug out my 39-503A.

Ordered 3.3.15, received 14.5.16, paid £40.00 - from somewhere in Widnes.

Running number is E2681.

That makes 3 (different) Mk1 sleepers in my stable, another would not go amiss if Bachmann do a re-run anytime!

• RMweb Premium

From new in maroon obviously.  Excellent.

Indeed I just happened to have the old 'Rolling Stock Recognition 1 - Coaching Stock' book to hand when I saw this thread and it contains a official view of a brand new M2107 in lined maroon with Commonwealth bogies.

The problem was they were riddled with asbestos. That's why so many that were preserved have now been scrapped.

Jason

Realistically the only one likely to survive long term will be the one at Peak rail that has had the asbestos removed

Archived