Centro (Regional Railways Period)

Dudley Dodger

On my layout, I'm thinking of bringing it closer to mey lifetime by possibly, after acquisition of stock, Putting them into Centro's Green, Blue and White. I'm just wondering, seeing that Googule Images isn't too good for specific searches, Were any 153s or 156s run under that livery in the West Midlands?

Going through my 1993 Platform 5 I can't see any evidence whatsoever of anything other than the aforementioned 150s and 323s. 153s were all Reggy Rail, 156s were in Provincial 'Super Sprinter' livery and the 158s in various versions of 'Express' livery.

Depending on what constitutes your lifetime and your layout setting, you may be able to work in a few other items of interest to make up for lack of 'Centro'. Class 116 (I think) were appearing on the line through Longbridge down to Reddich as late as 1993 when electrification brought about the use of the remaining Class 304s whilst the 323s were having their many teething troubles ironed out. The 116s appeared in a mix of Blue and Grey, NSE and RR liveries, whilst the 304s were, as far as I know, all still in B&G.

Edit - Just realised you're 14, still, the above might interest you. :)

Don't forget there was still plenty of banger blue stock around. Power + Trailer class 108s performed some sterling work for Tyseley, working lower density stuff like Cannock line and Stratford upon Avon routes.

A blue & grey Bachmann 108 would be perfectly acceptable IMHO

Archived