A bridge too far

nev777

Having pondered for a while on various layouts for my loft, while waiting for my sporadic employment to increase to the level where i can afford to do anything except pay the bills, i was determined to enter this years challenge just for a bit of experience, even if i made absolutely no other progress on my layout.

Having played around with a few freebie card downloads, and bashed a couple about into other things in the past couple of months, still without a layout for them to go onto, i might as well take the plunge.

So, i went down to the signalbox a couple of miles away today and took quite a few piccies, and although the chap in there wouldn't let me measure up in case i got squished or his supervisor showed up, he promised to ask if the powers that be could let me have a look at the plans if they could find them.......

In case that line of enquiry doesn't yield results, if anyone here would have any pointers to where i could find the specs for this bridge, the Vazon sliding bridge at Keadby, i'd be very grateful.

I'm hoping this will qualify for the challenge, and even though it really is far too big and complex a project for me to do justice to, i'm willing to give it a good go......post-13575-0-99450500-1332275150.jpg

• RMweb Premium

In case that line of enquiry doesn't yield results, if anyone here would have any pointers to where i could find the specs for this bridge, the Vazon sliding bridge at Keadby, i'd be very grateful.

I

Considering its origins, have you tried the Great Central Railway Society ?

Adrian

Archived