LNER Wagons Vol 4 Peter Tatlow/Wild Swan

David Bigcheeseplant

• 2 weeks later...

Received my copy today of LNER Wagons Volume 4B today. Have to say it has been well worth the wait as this volume contains information I've needed for a long time...

Not least of which is just what the Triang 12 wheel bogie well trolley was actually a model of: it's the bottom of a Trestrol C (p266), just needs the trestle frame adding. I am glad I refrained from any chopping in advance of getting the book; this largely because of being told years ago that it was a genuine model of a prototype, only the teller couldn't remember quite what!

• 3 months later...

Not least of which is just what the Triang 12 wheel bogie well trolley was actually a model of: it's the bottom of a Trestrol C (p266), just needs the trestle frame adding. I am glad I refrained from any chopping in advance of getting the book; this largely because of being told years ago that it was a genuine model of a prototype, only the teller couldn't remember quite what!

Looks like I'll have to get my hands on the Triang 12 wheel bogie wagon now... never should've sold mine all them years ago!! Best information I find out was about the LNER Cattle wagons that were transferred into LMS ownership. Just a shame not much information is included though...

Looks like I'll have to get my hands on the Triang 12 wheel bogie wagon now... never should've sold mine all them years ago!! Best information I find out was about the LNER Cattle wagons that were transferred into LMS ownership. Just a shame not much information is included though...

I thinks the Tri-ang  Trestle C is short. You need two to join together to achieve the correct length.

P

Archived