Mousa Models

billbedford

Shapeways changed their printing rules so I'm not able to have them printed there. I have a few samples which are available at shows, and there is the possibility of having a large batch printed, but I would like to have feedback from modellers who have used them before I commit myself to this course.

I would very much like to have a couple of sets to try out, especially on my long fixed rakes which have to undergo on/off type loads. I live in Canada so it might be difficult to make something happen.

Edited by Theakerr

That reminds me - what's happening with the A5 wheels?

Ask me at Scaleforum. Every time I have a GREAT IDEA(™) about producing wheels, something happens which means I have to go back to the drawing board. 

I would very much like to have a couple of sets to try out, especially on my long fixed rakes which have to undergo on/off type loads. I live in Canada so it might be difficult to make something happen.

Let me have your postal address and I'll send you a sample.

Edited by billbedford

• 8 months later...

I've just has some new etches in for the 306 Shenfield Units. These are etchings for the three bodies only. The are now three versions of this etch available:

BCK0165/4 - Original 1500v DC Shenfield units

BCK0165a/4 - class 306 6.25/25kv AC units

BCK0165b/4 - class 506 1500v DC Glossop units

All are priced at £70 plus £4 p&p.

• 5 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 06/09/2020 at 16:29, billbedford said:

I've just put up a new website, and the idea of this one is that it will only contain model that I can produce in a reasonable time. 

There is a redirect from the original site, but it may give a 404 if you are expecting a particular page. 

I do like the picture at Brentingby as your home page.

At risk of being a pedant, the 04/1 you show on the "locos" page in 4mm I think should be 04/7.

John.

• RMweb Premium
On 06/09/2020 at 16:29, billbedford said:

I've just put up a new website, and the idea of this one is that it will only contain model that I can produce in a reasonable time. 

While I can understand the logic of that, it was useful to know what was lurking at the far end of the queue and to have the option of slipping you a quid to encourage you!

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, billbedford said:

Yes, at some stage I have to set up some sort of system to deal with pre-orders, but I probably have enough many years worth of work on hand.  And that doesn't include all the Really Neat Things I keep dreaming up but haven't announced. 

Thanks. Consider your post "liked" or "informative".

Many thanks for the update.  I appreciate that you are innovating and respect that you have tweaked your website model.  

The only query I have is that it is a bit confusing that the 4mm LMS wagons folder is illustrated with an LNWR van (great kits by the way) that is not then listed inside.

• 4 weeks later...

On 09/09/2020 at 11:07, Michael Delamar said:

Hoping you can still do the 04/8 boiler. I really like the 04/7 I have which is nearing completion.

I agree with Michael. The O4/7 is beautiful - here's mine awaiting weathering. The boiler / cab unit fitted perfectly, and the whole conversion took, I guess, no more than about 8 hours work. I too hope the O4/8 isn't far away.

During lockdown, I've also built an LNER Dia 244 Lavatory Composite using Mousa brass sides on an Ian Kirk kit, which I am really pleased with. You need to publicise more, Bill - these are quality products by anybody's standards.

Bernard Hulland

8FFA3C63-37BE-4A77-942F-1F783B151FDC.jpeg.54d58d78d42e655c46b8c7760fd22798.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, 602Squadron said:

I agree with Michael. The O4/7 is beautiful - here's mine awaiting weathering. The boiler / cab unit fitted perfectly, and the whole conversion took, I guess, no more than about 8 hours work. I too hope the O4/8 isn't far away.

I've started the O4/8, and this is about as far as I've got. 

638958074_Screenshot2020-10-02BLP0502O4-8.png.4494d5c9aee75fe8c1cc7f9a703a7d8a.png

I think I need to see a photo of the cab interior before I can finish it. In particular I would like to know whether they use the original GCR reverser, and whether seats were fitted.