Mousa Models

billbedford

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, billbedford said:

Not until after the lockdowns

Comet's? from Wizard Models

Thanks

When you restart keep a set spare for me please.

• RMweb Gold

I have several Stafford Road Works 3D printed GWR bogies, Martin, including Collett 8'6" under a Comet C66.  There are fishbellies for K's E116 B set and A31 K's Auto Trailers, which also had Americans and Collett 7'; I have Americans under an old Airfix Siphon H and Collett 8'6" under a LIma G.  They come with NEM pockets printed in, essential for my layout, and run very freely with Bachmann or Hornby metal wheelsests without bearings.  Finish is not perfect, a little 'grainy', but a coat of paint and some weathering smooths that out.  There are also Deans of various sizes.

There are probably cheaper cast whitemetal alternatives, but these Staffords suit me and are very quick and easy to fit.  They are supplied as a complete bogie frame; you add your own wheels and NEM couplings and they can be supplied to fit Lima, Mainline, Hornby, or Bachmann bogie mounts.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, The Johnster said:

I have several Stafford Road Works 3D printed GWR bogies, Martin, including Collett 8'6" under a Comet C66.  There are fishbellies for K's E116 B set and A31 K's Auto Trailers, which also had Americans and Collett 7'; I have Americans under an old Airfix Siphon H and Collett 8'6" under a LIma G.  They come with NEM pockets printed in, essential for my layout, and run very freely with Bachmann or Hornby metal wheelsests without bearings.  Finish is not perfect, a little 'grainy', but a coat of paint and some weathering smooths that out.  There are also Deans of various sizes.

There are probably cheaper cast whitemetal alternatives, but these Staffords suit me and are very quick and easy to fit.  They are supplied as a complete bogie frame; you add your own wheels and NEM couplings and they can be supplied to fit Lima, Mainline, Hornby, or Bachmann bogie mounts.

I ordered MJT parts

27 minutes ago, RichardT said:

Dear Mr Bedford

Can I just check with you that you've definitely stopped producing your 2mm rolling stock etches?  Many thanks,

Richard 

Nothing is definite apart from death and taxes, but I would have to be convinced that there was a viable market for 2mm etches before I invested time in  reissuing them. 

On 02/10/2020 at 13:27, billbedford said:

I've started the O4/8, and this is about as far as I've got. 

638958074_Screenshot2020-10-02BLP0502O4-8.png.4494d5c9aee75fe8c1cc7f9a703a7d8a.png

I think I need to see a photo of the cab interior before I can finish it. In particular I would like to know whether they use the original GCR reverser, and whether seats were fitted. 

Edited by Keith Turbutt
Actual message in next post - still getting the hang of this!

Bill,

Rail-Online has a photo of 63738, an 04/8. The view is looking into the cab from the tender. There is a good view of the backhead and confirms that bucket seats were fitted. Unfortunately the driver's seat is occupied so it is not possible to see the reverser.

As the O4/8 shared cab and boiler with the 01, I would think it reasonable to assume the cab fittings and backhead were the same.

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, billbedford said:

Nothing is definite apart from death and taxes, but I would have to be convinced that there was a viable market for 2mm etches before I invested time in  reissuing them. 

Thanks for the reply. I can see that maintaining a large range of 2mm etches on general sale is probably not a sensible business plan.  I’ll have another think.

Richard T

Edited by RichardT
Typing what I meant to say in the first place.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

They are nice etchings, my 2 C83s are only emergency brake gear on ends away from primer.

The MJT bogies are really nice castings.

The Comet underframe ones are OK, but not as crisp as the MJT bogies.

I am probably going to do the insides with my Sillouette Cameo.

On 26/02/2021 at 00:41, Michael Delamar said:

Shot of an O4/8 without a cab if it’s of any use.

https://rcts.zenfolio.com/steam-lner/o-2-8-0/o4/ea891ad48

Bill, I've found another cab view of an O4/8 this time on Flickr

60s steam LF 08-66 63781 at W. George and Son, Wath Central.

You can find the photo by searching 'O4/8 63781'

This view is slightly higher than the previous one I sent a while ago. In this photo you can just see the top of the reverser handle above the driver's seat. It appears to be the standard bar with handle at either end. The bar appears to be in the vertical position.

I would suggest that this is the original reverser equipment and this photo gives a good indication of the alignment of the reverser. Could the angle of the reverser be determined by the angle of the external reversing rod? As the cab of the O4/8 is wider than the other rebuilds there is plenty of room to rotate the reverser. 

Would it be reasonable to assume that the reverse will therefore be the same as on the O4/5 and O4/7 bodies that you already produce. I really think that if you are looking for anything more definitive you will be waiting forever. For my part the internal cab detail is of lesser importance than the external appearance of the whole body especially as the O4/8 has an 'enclosed' cab. 

I hope you find this helpful.

Keith

On 20/02/2021 at 10:30, billbedford said:

No

As explained on the website the all the etchings have been withdrawn until the lockdowns are over and my etchers can offer a reasonable delivery. 

Thanks Bill

I mist have missed the post. My apologies.