Points Bridge, Hagg Bank, Wylam, Northumberland

For his next trick, Ron will be making a working replica of the Millau Viaduct in southern France :sungum: ...won't you, Ron? :declare:

Only if the roads are replaced by railway tracks

Will need a larger garden for the 32.3 metre length and a bit of a ditch for the tallest mast height of 4.5 metres

*** World Shortage of Styrene ***

Ron

• RMweb Premium

Only if the roads are replaced by railway tracks

Will need a larger garden for the 32.3 metre length and a bit of a ditch for the tallest mast height of 4.5 metres

*** World Shortage of Styrene ***

Ron

Ah  but the 'Viaduc du Gabarit' (if I've got the spelling correct would be better and still has trains across it (just) along with some lovely catenary.

Jamie

Ah  but the 'Viaduc du Gabarit' (if I've got the spelling correct would be better and still has trains across it (just) along with some lovely catenary.

Jamie

Hi, Jamie

7.4m long and 1.6m high  :paint:

Just needs somebody with an extra large garage or garden pool and a deep pocket or sponsorship :scratchhead:

Cheers

Ron

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

WOW what a truly fantastic model, I have lived within a mile or two of this Bridge all of my life and have walked over it swam under it ( when I was a lot younger) and cycled over it so I am well placed to say that it is accurate in every detail, the short video from youtube might be the Bridge but the immediate countryside after the Bridge is not correct must be from some where else but it is not the Wylam loop. Local folk law states that this Bridge was the prototype for the famous Tyne Bridge in Newcastle and therefore Sydney Harbour Bridge but not to sure if this is true or not but if you ask any of the locals they will say that it is, a fantastic effort well done.

WOW what a truly fantastic model, I have lived within a mile or two of this Bridge all of my life and have walked over it swam under it ( when I was a lot younger) and cycled over it so I am well placed to say that it is accurate in every detail, the short video from youtube might be the Bridge but the immediate countryside after the Bridge is not correct must be from some where else but it is not the Wylam loop. Local folk law states that this Bridge was the prototype for the famous Tyne Bridge in Newcastle and therefore Sydney Harbour Bridge but not to sure if this is true or not but if you ask any of the locals they will say that it is, a fantastic effort well done.

Hi,

Whilst it was a personal challenge to build a complex railway structure, I am extremely pleased that you have found it to be a reasonably accurate representation of something you are most familiar with.

Modelling is a creative pastime - recreating structures and environments is most enjoyable and satisfying, if this brings inspiration, and/or  pleasurably memories to others, I am more than pleased

Cheers

Ron

Archived