Hi guys,

Me and my dad have decided to build this project on an old baseboard we had lying around. We decided to start this project as hopefully my step sister will be moving out soon allowing us to build our dream full size OO gauge TMD.

This project will just be a filler until we get chance for a proper layout and will be a good opportunity for both of us to practice are skills and techniques in terms of some scratch building and scenic work.

Anyway onto to plan,

The layout will be built on an old baseboard that is 42x19 inches. We will not be using point motors and may in time in stall a lever system but for now the points will be hand controlled as we are only planning to use this layout at home. We feel if the layout is just for home use there is no point in spending a hundred pounds or some silly amount of money for something that isn't needed. We are using peco code 80 set track with some flexi track as we already have the track left over from previous layouts. I do hope however though to try my hand at installing buffer lights and depot flood lights. Here is the proposed plan:

post-14771-0-34049800-1332539859_thumb.jpg

Me and my dad plan to lay to the cork board and begin to pin the track down and start testing this weekend.

Please feel free to comment, any suggestions, criticism and ideas are welcome.

Thanks, Rob

Hi Rob

I really like the look of the plan! What sort of era will you be modelling?

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

nothing in particular to be honest as when me and my dad first started model railways we bought what we liked the look of so we have lots of random stock. But mostly post 2000 era of time. Its the same story with our OO gauge stuff that me and my dad have, as i have grown up with my dad taking me down to preston station and seeing modern traction but then he has brought me round to the br blue era which i know love because of many trips to the east lancs railway.

But anyway, mostly modern era and some br blue stuff, more progress and pictures to follow soon:)

Archived