Class 27 (N Gauge)

HealeyMills

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Both BR Blue and BR green class 27's have gone out to the press for review.

However for some reason the BR green review models left China with green roofs. Please don't worry, as I have explained to the press, the production ones shipped do gave grey roofs.

Cheers

Dave

Well here's a few piccies of BR blue class 27's to add to the thread:

post-4186-0-16440900-1353941139_thumb.jpg

post-4186-0-44119600-1353941142_thumb.jpg

post-4186-0-19320700-1353941148_thumb.jpg

post-4186-0-67469000-1353941152_thumb.jpg

post-4186-0-91656900-1353941211_thumb.jpg

A few more pics at the Mercig site too: http://www.mercigstu...ery/40/class-27

Very pleased with the loco and I'm looking forward to getting a few more when they are available.

Cheers

Lee

(Even more pics in my gallery too :nyam: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/album/2484-class-27/ )

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Nigel Burkin has done a review with photo's here:

http://nigelburkin.wordpress.com/

Cheers

Mark

http://nigelburkin.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/class-27-1.jpg?w=675&h=305

-and pic from same website on link, well done Dapol I think you've got a good one here, I like the way the cab front windows are done which was always an issue on OO models from Heljan -so its not just a 26 with headcode boxes- order placed, you've made a happy man very poor lol!

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question for Dave - I've seen conflicting information about the livery of the new class 27, ND205B. I'm hoping that it has full yellow ends which includes the side cab windows in a similar fashion to the BR blue version - is this correct?  Its a complicated story but I need it to look different enough from the class 26s I have in green (one with small yellow panel ant the other all green)

George.

Got my blue 27 last Friday and its a little stunner! Unfortunately its had to head back to a Liverpool based retailer today as the white lights at one end weren't working.

Can't wait to have another back soon!!!

Ian B

• RMweb Gold

Hi My pair landed today and look very good both up for renumbering for 27/1 and 27/2 PP locos. Will have to check cabside windows to select ones with sloping slider or perhaps reglaze - quick look in "seventies spotting days- around the SCR looks like 27/1 and /2 locos had conventional drop windows so a little mod will be in order plus two bits of micro strip on battery box covers - but lovely runners.

So another well done Dave from me.

Robert Shrives

Hi My pair landed today and look very good both up for renumbering for 27/1 and 27/2 PP locos. Will have to check cabside windows to select ones with sloping slider or perhaps reglaze - quick look in "seventies spotting days- around the SCR looks like 27/1 and /2 locos had conventional drop windows so a little mod will be in order plus two bits of micro strip on battery box covers - but lovely runners.

So another well done Dave from me.

Robert Shrives

Hi Rob;

Don't forget the change of bodyside windows for grilles on the 27/2 variants for the Deutz genny and the ETH cables!!!  Good Luck!!

Regards;

STU from EGDL

My 27 arrived from Hattons today, thankfully the Swiss customs gave it the magic green sticker, so no import duty or (the real killer) customs service fee.

Living away from easy access to UK model shops and shows, I am often unsure exactly what body and bogie variants come with each new release order code.  To help anyone in the same position, here's a picture of both sides of the 27 as it came out of the box ... and for good measure a couple of 26s. (The top one's wheelsets have already been to the 2mmSA's wheel-turning lathe for a quick reprofiling).

post-7032-0-66494000-1358443426_thumb.jpg

Graham

OK, thats 2 Blue 27008s that i've tested this week with the same problem- all the lights work fine when I quickly run the loco up and down. I oil it and run it in at half speed as per instructions and when I go to run it in reverse half way through the white lights are exceptionally dim on the leading end.

I've got a lot of Dapol models (inc 2 26s) and have never had any issues with them so it can't be the layout!!!

Been assured by someone at Dapol that I spoke to today that there are no issues with the batch so hoping the third one that Hattons are forwarding to me brings me more luck!

Wouldn't be so bad except its a belated Christmas present and a loco i've had on order for months...

Hi Ian,

Sorry to hear of the problem and I don't know why it should be the case.

If you want to send them back to me directly I'll personally check out another pair and send them back.

Please PM me, and on Monday (cos I cannot remember now) I'll send you our free post address for them.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Ian;

Hope Dave sorts you out...it is a good gesture from him to take personal charge of your problem.

I aim to pick up one (maybe 2) next week, so I'll be sure to watch them closely whilst running in!!

Later;

STU from EGDL

Guest tony graham

Hi Stu,

Please do, as believe it or not I value your opinion ;-)

I'd like to keep a close eye in this potential problem, as the lighting units are pretty much the same as the 26.

Cheers

Dave

This is what I like about Dapol, listening to their customers and interacting with them on a personal level. It does give a certain reassurance to anyone purchasing any of their products. 

Archived