Heljan UK 89111 Turntable

• RMweb Gold

Hi Alex

Sorry to hear that you are having problems

I use a toggle rather than a push button to operate the TT  ...........but I suspect either will do

This one sends the Non House end of the bridge to the Shed Road 4

post-465-0-60150200-1376143217.jpg

This switch is activated by a second switch which also contains a command to synchronise the screen TT symbol with the actual TT

post-465-0-48347600-1376143596.jpg

You can ignore the first line it prevents locos on the entry schedules from accessing the bridge

The last line turning the switch off after the TT has finished moving is housekeeping

The second line activates the toggle switch to move the TT

It is the third command that synchronises the screen symbol..........[select] Turntables from the drop down menu  

post-465-0-53320400-1376144544.jpg

To show it better I have started a new switch

[select] your TT symbol and [Add]..........the default symbol appears

post-465-0-78885000-1376145148.jpg

[Change]

post-465-0-63709100-1376145773.jpg

It defaults to TC track 1. Which typically is different from the Heljan Track#s. There is a whole array of commands applicable only to supported Digital Turntables which makes you realise how much easier it could be if Heljan where treated like Marklin etc!

Point and click at the track where you want the bridge to finish. Click on the other end to move the house. Note the TC TT track numbers change

post-465-0-60250900-1376146585.jpg

It is important to recognise that these commands have no effect at all on the actual TT......in fact I get an error message "Not supported" but they do enable the screen TT to reflect the actual TT movements

I have standardised on this command.....others may work.....all you are doing is syncing the screen symbol

All this works fine in schedules.

To get from Road 4 to the bridge, turn thru 180o and leave the bridge on to the shed exit road I use 2 schedules

Schedule 1  Road 4 - Bridge

Start Operations

ES 4 T6 NH     On    this is the switch shown above and gets the bridge Non House end to Shed Road 4  (Heljan Track 6) ready for the loco

Finish Operations.................ie the loco is now on the bridge

Delay 20

ES 3  T4..............this turns the bridge thru 180o so that the non house end is at the Exit Road   (coincidentally the house is at Shed Road 3)

Delay 30

Schedule 2 Bridge - Exit

END

Schedule 2

Start Operations Nil

Finish Operations

Turn the TT back to the Entry Road....my default position

Start the next schedule.................I rarely if ever use successors I prefer to start them at the finish of the preceding schedule

Finally and most importantly for schedule 2  in the Bridge Schedule Properties specify the direction in which the loco leaves the bridge

post-465-0-65112500-1376148486_thumb.jpg

I do hope this helps.........I apologise for both the length and its rather pedantic style. It is by no means the only solution and is rather cumbersome and not very elegant but at least it works

Do let us know how you get on

Regards from Vancouver

Edited by john dew
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

John

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation it makes a lot of sense. I have been trying to get a single control or command to move the TT and the Mimic together(obvious;y unsuccessfully!!). Have some family celebrations tomorrow so will try again on Monday and let you know.

Had a wonderful visit to Vancouver and Campbell River (on the island) in 1981. Had the best Chinese meal ever in a little restaurant in China Town.

Regards Alex

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

John, set up the Heljan TT this morning with the double switch setup as you suggested in your comprehensive post above and it works very well. Schedules run as expected including 180 degree rotations. Thank you for your instructions and help.

It is a shame that the Heljan 89121 is not fully supported as a digital turntable in RR&Co it would make the control so much easier and more fun.

Alex

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am using my Heljan TT with Digitrax. The turntable motor is the Heljan analogue but the track is connected to my Digitrax layout using a double frog juicer to sort out polarity. My only real beef is that it may be a 70ft turntable in HO but it of course isn't in 00. So too short for MN and LN classes. Hope that helps.