Kris's entry

Kris

• RMweb Premium

Right then lets see if I get to a completed stage. At the moment I won't say what I'm doing except most it it will be mostly card based and it's a structure.

Here's the first part. There are 2 sheets of these to cut out.

post-163-0-66479500-1333097003_thumb.jpg

Can you guess what it is yet? :no:

• RMweb Premium

I like those answers :)

I managed to get most of the ovals cut out at work today - It was rather quiet and since getting home I have worked a little on the next stage some rectangles. These will be printed tomorrow, all 96 of them. Something else to cut out. Then the gluing starts. These are the easy bits. After this it gets more complex.

• RMweb Premium

Hmmmm...

This isnt anythng to do with Brunel and bridges by any chance?

Missy :)

Might have something to do with that :)

• RMweb Premium

A floodlight pylon for Avonwick's new freight concentration yard?

I like the freight concentration yard idea, it makes better use of all that open country. Planning regs ! Pah ! More siding space for more wagons, that's what we need. Go on, Kris, you know it makes sense. :sungum:

Brave man, by the way, for entering the comp.

David

• RMweb Premium

Might be cryptic from Missy David but she had got it spot on, well except I won't be basing the model on that date, more like 98 years later.

Might be cryptic from Missy David but she had got it spot on, well except I won't be basing the model on that date, more like 98 years later.

The opening of the Tamar bridge !

I still prefer the Easter Eggs theory :)

I presume you will have them finished for 2nd May?

David

• RMweb Premium

So it's out then.

My challenge entry will be (if I get it finished) the Royal Albert Bridge crossing the Tamar between Devon and Cornwall. At the moment I am only building the main spans and not the approach spans as I do think that I have room for those or time to make those sections but we shall see.

So far I have constructed part of the framing for one of the 2 main tube beams. The glue is drying on it at the moment.

I am trying to come up with a good way of creating the many many rivets that were used in the construction of the bridge.

Hi Kris

Yea ! it is rather an ambitious project,should look absolutely stunning if you can pull it off and get it competed (your words)

Suggestion for the rivets! use rather thick paint of the right shade applied with the point of cocktail stick or similar,could be

a rather tedious job !

Cheers

John

http://www.rmweb.co....n/page__st__100

Guest Natalie Graham

I am trying to come up with a good way of creating the many many rivets that were used in the construction of the bridge.

Drill a 0.2mm dia hole and then file the rivet head from a piece of brass wire and solder in place. Repeat as required. ;)

• RMweb Premium

Drill a 0.2mm dia hole and then file the rivet head from a piece of brass wire and solder in place. Repeat as required. ;)

If I was making it out of brass then I would go down this route.

Hi Kris.

What about tiny pin heads or blobs of pva glue applied with a cocktail stick?

M. :)

PVA is tempting. I'm not sure that I can get pins that are small enough.

Archived