Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Trebudoc ... great layout but what a job coupling and uncoupling at shows.  Pictures great but the early forum ones have just conjured up the origins of your recent medical history - the stressed out expression and frustration on your face when a previous buyer pulled out at the last minute after you had taken everything down to convert the railway room back to a garage.

Clubwise - so efficient a tea-maker ... just like the rest of your talents!

Cheers, Peter

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Evening Guys, Just got the New Hornby Magazine Year Book No 9, 2017 and was pleased to see Trebudoc was one of the featured Terminus Stations under discussion. Well chuffed, Thanks Mike W.

It certainly shows that they have excellent taste. Congratulations mate, Trebudoc lives again

• Like 1

Thanks Duncan Cav and Don, I have to agree about it being one of my best, if not the best, I always raised a smile when I walked into the Modelling Room and saw it sitting there with the 45XX or Pannier in the Station.

Here is my favourite Photo taken by Andy York and it's my Screen Saver, just tap on it to get the full effect.

post-9335-0-85378400-1482513312_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Duncan Cav and Don, I have to agree about it being one of my best, if not the best, I always raised a smile when I walked into the Modelling Room and saw it sitting there with the 45XX or Pannier in the Station.

Here is my favourite Photo taken by Andy York and it's my Screen Saver, just tap on it to get the full effect.

attachicon.gifTrebudoc 10.jpg

Feels almost real that shot. I think the light coming from more than one direction doesn't look quite right

Don

• 1 year later...

Hi Andy - cracking layout and fantastic modelling, shows what can be done in a relatively small space in O Gauge.

I know this will have been explained before, so apologies for asking, but what is the overall size of Trebudoc?

Cheers,

David

Thanks for the kind words David, it was a total of 9ft long, and was a tight squeeze into my modelling room at the time. Scenic was about 5.5ft with a 3.5ft 3 Road sector plate Fiddle Yard, and it was about 2ft wide.

Hope that helps.

Andy.

Edited by Andrew P

Thanks for the kind words David, it was a total of 9ft long, and was a tight squeeze into my modelling room at the time. Scenic was about 5.5ft with a 3.5ft 3 Road sector plate Fiddle Yard, and it was about 2ft wide.

Hope that helps.

Andy.

Hi Andy,

Thanks that's really helpful. I'm doodling ideas for a similar space and Trebudoc really grabbed me as an excellent use of the space. Apologies for dragging the thread up from the past but it certainly provides insipration. It certainly shows that you don't need acres of room for O gauge. The quality of your modelling and eye for detail certainly set it apart mind as a fabulous little layout.

Thanks again,

David

Remember it well ... particularly the 3-link in a dark corner at an exhibition.  The layout  was superb.

Cheers Peter, yes some superb days at Exhibitions with not only Trebudoc, but also St Budoc, Deesdale Road, Glen Roy, Loch Leven, Fiddlers Yard and West Shed. 

Now of course you have Deesdale and Swad Lane, Glenfinick is still with a Club Member and has been shown many times at our open weekends, Porth Merryn is now being exhibited on the South Coast, and Trebudoc is in the hands of another Club Member, but never leaves it's Shed.

Kings Moreton, my current OO project is now also sold and dismantled, ready for shipment to it's new owner on Saturday, so my current O Gauge project, Pen Y Bont, will have a more permanent home, and I can make a start on yet another OO project.

It's all go in The Old Potting Shed. :sungum: 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...