Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

Looking very nice indeed Andrew, thanks for sharing it with us.

Dave.T

Hi Dave, Thanks for your nice comments and coming from someone whoses work I have admired for some time,(I have cut Bridport Town out from when it was in the Mags and subsuquent articles on Buildings etc. I have never tried making buildings but I may one day and I now have a good reference to work from. I like the way with B.T that the buildings over hang the river and it all looks so real. well done for the inspiration you have given to me and probably many hundreds of others. Thanks Dave.

A well designed small layout. keep up the good standard.

Thanks Peter, still a lot more small details to add so I must get on with it this afternoon, cheers Andy.

Andy

I have the same predictament. With a distinct lack of planning, I built a yard crane and want to include it on my layout but not sure where it should go. I'll also be interested in the views of others.

Stephen

Hi Stephen, the yard crane, although thin still seems to dominate the front of the layout when placed there and so I feel it will probably stay on the platform at the rear. I have just had another look through your site and love the close up pics of the Pannier, I have the Tower Brass one, what make is your one? And finally I kept looking at your Class 50 you have as your Avatar and I have just got a s/hand one in OO in the plain blue, this will be the starting point of my next OO Project, (Fiddlers Yard) which will be a bit like Loch Leven but more China Clay based.

Hi Stephen, the yard crane, although thin still seems to dominate the front of the layout when placed there and so I feel it will probably stay on the platform at the rear.

Andrew

I know what you mean about the location of the yard crane but don't forget that it's quite nice looking round an object (crane, small building etc.) as a train enters the layout. Just a thought.

I have just had another look through your site and love the close up pics of the Pannier, I have the Tower Brass one, what make is your one?

The pannier is a Lionheart one. Got me modelling steam again after many years modelling blue diesels.

And finally I kept looking at your Class 50 you have as your Avatar and I have just got a s/hand one in OO in the plain blue, this will be the starting point of my next OO Project, (Fiddlers Yard) which will be a bit like Loch Leven but more China Clay based.

Ah, 50s on china clay! It's 50014 Warspite (what else!) at Burngullow on Parkandillick clay hoods to Carne Point, Fowey. Happy days!

Stephen

With the Loco coaingl stage now done it was time for some more pic's. The yard crane will stay in the yard at the front as when operating from the rear it will be in the way for uncoupling,(three links) and that will still leave room for a cattle dock. Finally a pic of the road bridge now covered in cardboard and ready for the DAS to be applied.

post-9335-0-66890600-1336744524_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-69629000-1336744551_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-54632000-1336744573_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-94554300-1336744589_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

It is coming together well. I like your rough grass, what are you using?

Hi Peter, It is hanging basket liner from my local garden centre, DO YOU HAVE SUCH A THING IN BRIZIL? :no:

Enjoying watching this come together, I saw some box vans in one of your photos above in the siding by the goods shed, where are they from please?

Hi Cromptonnut, the box vans are Parkside kits and are just great to make up, (about an evenings work) I usually take a couple on holiday, it beats watching telly. The flat bed with the tractor is a Skytrex one.

I have a Slaters one which has taken me about 2 years so far... got as far as looking at the etches of brake rigging and ground to a halt through fear and incompetence.

I would have a go. There are many people on here who would willing help and guide you through the build. Who knows you might like it.

I have a Slaters one which has taken me about 2 years so far... got as far as looking at the etches of brake rigging and ground to a halt through fear and incompetence.

Hi, I have just one Slaters, a china clay wagon as seen on St Budoc, I found it a bit of a pig as I found instructions to be minimal but it was probably down to my incompetence.

You'd have thought that, for the best part of £40, someone would have been able to make suitable rtr wagons instead of us having to mess about with kits. Let's hope Dapol surprise us with some nice box wagons soon, preferably BR TOPS period...

You'd have thought that, for the best part of £40, someone would have been able to make suitable rtr wagons instead of us having to mess about with kits. Let's hope Dapol surprise us with some nice box wagons soon, preferably BR TOPS period...

Yes spot on, Have you see the private owner coal wagons that Skytrex have on there stands at shows, Sprung buffers and couplings, a bit shinny and plastic coal but for 15 quid each, great value.

Not "in the plastic" but anyway they're a bit early for me - I'd like some nice standard 12 ton vans in brown with BR arrows please :) About six would sort my layout plan completely...

Edited by cromptonnut