UTA, CIE and other Irish Railway Transfers

David Jackson

Although dealing primarily in bus transfers, the following website has a selection of Irish bus transfers which can also be used for Irish railways.

www.sunrisetransfers.com

I have used him in the past and found him very accommodating.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just ordered some UTA transfers from Railtec - I've been after them for ages but hadn't visited the site for a while so I wasn't aware that they had them. I've got two old 0-6-0 locos - one I made up from bits, weathered and modelled as NCC No. 19. I'll do the other up as UTA No. 18. Then I'll use modeller's license to let them haul short goods trains around my planned Southern Irish layout even though they never ventured beyond Belfast docks. Hands across the border and so on. :senile:

Just received a sheet of Railtec UTA decals. It comprises 12 UTA roundals, 16 UTA Coat of Arms crests, and a selection of ex GNR AEC and BUT railcar numbers.

Unfortunately the roundals have not lived up to the Railtec quality I have been used to. They are oversize, and the main colour of the circles and text is much too orange. The text is also too big and tends to merge with the circles. Don't like them at all, and will not be using them.

Having said that, the Coat of Arms crests are very good, and really look the part when applied to a coach. The numbers look OK, but I have not applied any of them yet.

Hi David, many thanks for the feedback. We're certainly interested to hear your thoughts on the UTA logos. The challenge we faced with these was wanting to keep the red borders around the larger yellow areas, which perhaps is asking too much of current technology in 4mm scale. It may make sense for us to revisit these and instead simply provide the deep yellow colour for the circular areas (i.e. without the red border which is what is giving the "orange" effect) - particularly if these need to be made smaller anyway. Would this sound sensible to you? Please could you let us know by how much you think these logos are oversize? We want to make sure that we get this absolutely right. The dimensions were previously provided by another source which we will have to look at again.

• 4 weeks later...

Having been in communication with Steve at Railtec Models, I have now received a revised UTA decal sheet. The roundals are now of the correct diameter, and the colour has been changed. A vast improvement. The crests on the sheet remain the same as they were fine. All in all, a sheet of UTA decals to be recommended.

Archived