GWR GRANGES

• RMweb Premium

Hi does anyone have a picture of great western granges in plain green with GWR on the tender in working on a Hornby model and struggling to find suitable photos.

thanks

As you are in Lincoln I should think the Library is a good bet. However, if you can get to York NRM do that & go to the Library; superb range of resource there.

36E

Hi does anyone have a picture of great western granges in plain green with GWR on the tender in working on a Hornby model and struggling to find suitable photos.

thanks

You might find it difficult because they were built in the late 30's with the Shirtbutton emblem on the tender. During the war they would have been repainted black (I think) with GWR on the tender and only the few that got repainted between 1945 and 1948 would have been green with GWR on the tender.

asmay2002 is right. For definitive pictures try getting a copy of "Power of the Granges". Pretty much every class member and livery is photographed and caption in great detail. Might even be available to order from your library if you don'tfancy buying a copy (although it is probably worth it if you want to model a specific class member).

• RMweb Gold

hi thanks guys,

Great looking grange mate,really good advice as always.

Just wish Hornby would do a desent rake of coaches like there staniers and maunsells etc.

sometimes feel were the poor relations of modelling.

Which name do you fancy doing ?

• RMweb Gold

funny enough i was thinking about 6814 the one you have done... and adding dcc sound

The next one I do will be 6813 Eastbury Grange but its well down the list of models I currently want. :rolleyes:

Archived