GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

2 hours ago, Ian Major said:

George, It's looking good. I am wondering, under the current circumstances, how long it will be before I get a chance to see it in action.

Ian.

Hello lan, we have started to visit Marks every tuesday morning for a get together, social  distances  and face masks etc, and we stay in the garden plenty of coffee and chatting, and running trains why dont you drop in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Looks to me like it's on it's way back via Spain, so I'm going back to being more selective about who I get near, and where I go / what I do.

Having said that I ordered a cover for the Garden Bench yesterday, and then after paying for it, found out it's coming from Blackburn, so it will get well and truly sanitized when it arrives.

Keep well, stay safe mate.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Nice work George.

Is that card that you are using to protect the punched rivets in the rollers? If so, what thickness do you use?

Hope to see you soon - politicians permitting. ;)

Ian.

Edited by Ian Major

2 hours ago, Ian Major said:

Nice work George.

Is that card that you are using to protect the punched rivets in the rollers? If so, what thickness do you use?

Hope to see you soon - politicians permitting. ;)

Ian.

Hello lan, Heljan wagon packaging about 1mm thick ideal for protecting  the rivets, hows your loco coming on ?

• Thanks 1

Thanks George.

Not sure if I emailed this photo to you. The body is plonked on the chassis and the smoke box and cab roof are plonked on the body  prior to painting.  I ordered up some more paint. my original body colour was "dull" . I thought this referred to the shade but actually means it is a satin finish. Ian Rathbone told me that to stand a chance with lining with a bow pen the surface needs to be gloss. Doh!

So I now have gloss. The "dull" will be used on eg the inside of the cab,  bunker etc.

I have also got hold of some blank "decal" paper to produce my own waterslide transfers. Should be good for a laugh. All part of the learning curve. 

My MACAW is waiting for FOX lettering. I am holding off on the order until I get the BR emblem transfers for the loco. Save on postage.

Ian.

67209762_01Prairie08.JPG.f0a247da77615cfb1816f7297dc41e57.JPG

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

10 hours ago, Ian Major said:

Thanks George.

Not sure if I emailed this photo to you. The body is plonked on the chassis and the smoke box and cab roof are plonked on the body  prior to painting.  I ordered up some more paint. my original body colour was "dull" . I thought this referred to the shade but actually means it is a satin finish. Ian Rathbone told me that to stand a chance with lining with a bow pen the surface needs to be gloss. Doh!

So I now have gloss. The "dull" will be used on eg the inside of the cab,  bunker etc.

I have also got hold of some blank "decal" paper to produce my own waterslide transfers. Should be good for a laugh. All part of the learning curve. 

My MACAW is waiting for FOX lettering. I am holding off on the order until I get the BR emblem transfers for the loco. Save on postage.

Ian.

67209762_01Prairie08.JPG.f0a247da77615cfb1816f7297dc41e57.JPG

Morning lan, That looks the bizz, do like the western tanks always look so powerful, keep the pictures coming, stay safe..

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Things have slowed down a bit with all this heat, but l have painted the chassis on the loco / tender, as l hate having to remove the wheels when its all up and running just to paint them...

DSC06983.JPG

• Like 12

On 02/08/2020 at 08:24, georgeT said:

Morning lan, That looks the bizz, do like the western tanks always look so powerful, keep the pictures coming, stay safe..

You will have your work cut out there Ian, hand lining with many hundreds of rivets, good luck, watching with interest...

• Like 2

That's looking very tasty George. 

What do you use for the primer? 

I have been using Halford's grey primer from a rattle can. I find it produces a very slightly gritty feel. I am trying to decide if I am being over sensitive. What is your experience?

Ian.

1 hour ago, Ian Major said:

That's looking very tasty George. 

What do you use for the primer? 

I have been using Halford's grey primer from a rattle can. I find it produces a very slightly gritty feel. I am trying to decide if I am being over sensitive. What is your experience?

Ian.

That's just what l use lan, have done for years, fits the bill very well..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, georgeT said:

That's just what l use lan, have done for years, fits the bill very well..

I well remember all the 00 Resprays you did for me and many others when we lived down Souf. Your Lima Resprays were better than the Factory finishes, and always looked the right colour as well.

Edited by Andrew P

7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I well remember all the 00 Resprays you did for me and many others when we lived down Suf. Your Lima Resprays were better than the Factory finishes, and always looked the right colour as well.

Thanks for the kind words Andy much appreciated, we sure went through a few models in those days, so many layouts, and l have lost count of the hundreds of shows we attended and lasted all day walking around, now an hour and lm ready for home hahaha......

• Friendly/supportive 2