GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

That didn't take you long mate, very nice.

Thanks Andy, As l have built three Bulleids on commission latley l thought l would build one for myself, the ACE finished at Padstow from Waterloo and 34008 has been a favourite loco of mine...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The tender is coming along for 'Padstow' and its the 5,500 (cut down) version, also had a visit to 'Haworth on Saturday and spotted this loco at the station, Not a favourite colour of mine, think it would be better in BR lined black ??

DSC07560.JPG

DSC07561.JPG

DSC07562.JPG

DSC07604.JPG

• Like 8

On 20/09/2021 at 08:18, georgeT said:

The tender is coming along for 'Padstow' and its the 5,500 (cut down) version, also had a visit to 'Haworth on Saturday and spotted this loco at the station, Not a favourite colour of mine, think it would be better in BR lined black ??

DSC07560.JPG

DSC07561.JPG

DSC07562.JPG

DSC07604.JPG

Is the red livery a nod to the early days of the KWVR ?

4 hours ago, doilum said:

Is the red livery a nod to the early days of the KWVR ?

It is.  In the late 60's B.R. actively discouraged the use of B.R. livery once a loco had been sold so most preserved railways painted their locos and rolling stock in pre-B.R. livery or their own 'house' colours.  In addition some enthusiasts were quite hostile to B.R. at the end of steam so were keen to rid their locos of any B.R. identity.  41241 was a bit of a compromise in crimson lake with KWVR on the tanks but a B.R. number.  After many years in B.R. lined black the KWVR restored the 1968 livery as part of the 50th anniversary celebrations IIRC.

Ray.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Having a little break from the Bulleid, and having a go at scratch building a turn table in O gauge, it is only a small one for a little layout being built by friend, who will only have tank locos to turn ?

DSC07617.JPG

DSC07618.JPG

DSC07619.JPG

DSC07620.JPG

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

18 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Having a little break from the Bulleid, and having a go at scratch building a turn table in O gauge, it is only a small one for a little layout being built by friend, who will only have tank locos to turn ?

DSC07617.JPG

DSC07618.JPG

DSC07619.JPG

DSC07620.JPG

Cracking job mate, but still looks huge, even though its only for Tank Locos. 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, gismorail said:

Blimey George you must have the patience of a saint or just totally bonkers :scratchhead:that turntable is looking excellent have you followed some plans or done a build / design 

Hello Martin, lt's all out of my head, l have a few pictures of the real thing and build similar, its not 100% right, but it looks the part, or will do.  take care buddy...

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...