GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Bagged a few bargains at the weekend namely a GWR auto coach with sound, and a Class 14xx with sound, and a Class 57xx also with sound, all in the GWR livery, don't ask me why it was an impulse buy,  l guess l have always wanted deep down to build a nice clean GWR branch line terminus in the early days 1930s, it wont be started until the new year or even the following year... Hahahah  

DSC07627.JPG

DSC07628.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Bagged a few bargains at the weekend namely a GWR auto coach with sound, and a Class 14xx with sound, and a Class 57xx also with sound, all in the GWR livery, don't ask me why it was an impulse buy,  l guess l have always wanted deep down to build a nice clean GWR branch line terminus in the early days 1930s, it wont be started until the new year or even the following year... Hahahah  

DSC07627.JPG

DSC07628.JPG

Trebudoc on Steroids, as you did such a great job on the Buildings for that.

740563895_26thJulyPhotoShoot021.JPG.f3dd88c0374061f60116e154969d12a9.JPG

547329156_26thJulyPhotoShoot026.JPG.2aa9a138eed39005ee10314d3008eec6.JPG

414940454_ElizabethanRailwaySoc2013Oct12th13th068.JPG.245730344547fc0c3e67cf8faba1968e.JPG

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

Nice rolling bars - are they still available?

It looks like they work on the same principle as my old Ian Cherry ones - unlike the GW rollers which don't drive the work through.

Hello Michael, They were made by metal smith ltd from Kettering, and are 12" wide and very solid, l bought them at a show at Preston a few years ago for £100, makes rolling a boiler etc so much easier....

• Informative/Useful 1

18 hours ago, georgeT said:

DSC07627.JPG

DSC07628.JPG

The bug has been bitten  castles and kings next

• Funny 2

• georgeT changed the title to GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench)
  • 5 months later...

No its for a friend who has collected it already, so l can now get on with something for myself a really filthy Bulleid B/B 34086 219 squadron as l remember when l last saw her in the 60s, should be fun..

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, georgeT said:

No its for a friend who has collected it already, so l can now get on with something for myself a really filthy Bulleid B/B 34086 219 squadron as l remember when l last saw her in the 60s, should be fun..

You'll of soon made more than Bulleid had done.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

Thanks for the likes guys, been away for too long and really glad to be back, as l say l had lost a lot of my mojo over the last six months not bothering to do much modelling at all, it was even an effort to get myself to the O gauge show at Kettering but l did, and glad l did, as l bought a bargain on the bring and buy stall ? a ACE kit of a M/N, (l knew l was in for a lot of work with the kit from the start) but l had intended to build a B/B out of it from the start ? to my amazement there was a W/C chassis with wheels in the box (great minds think alike)

so after a week of looking at all the work involved l started it, after a lot of head scratching and swearing l have almost finished her as  No34086 '219 squadron' and in the process of giving her a real good coat of Sh*te, just as l remember them ..

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Some will think its 'silly' but with the price of O gauge wagon kits lately, l have gone down the road of two liveries on one wagon (Not my idea) and as my new layout will be based in the 80s (blue) and a friends garden layout in the 60s (Green) does the job, just need to get more transfers for the blue ones..

DSC07678.JPG

DSC07679.JPG

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 1

21 hours ago, georgeT said:

Some will think its 'silly' but with the price of O gauge wagon kits lately, l have gone down the road of two liveries on one wagon (Not my idea) and as my new layout will be based in the 80s (blue) and a friends garden layout in the 60s (Green) does the job, just need to get more transfers for the blue ones..

DSC07678.JPG

DSC07679.JPG

Wrong again ? apparently the blue CCTs were all round blue, without black ends as l have done, live and learn !

• Friendly/supportive 2

55 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Wrong again ? apparently the blue CCTs were all round blue, without black ends as l have done, live and learn !

A good dose of weathering, and I wont tell anyone if you don't.

Besides, its not as if they are going to a Show, and even then 95% of the paying public wouldn't know, I didn't, and obviously you didn't.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

On 16/04/2022 at 20:33, RAY NORWOOD said:

Hi George. It's good to hear you  back on hear again. That T9 is looking very good. What is your next project.

Hello Ray, Great to hear from you again its been awhile, l have a few irons in the fire at the moment, now that l have finished off the scratch built T9, l want to get on with heavy weathering of a B/B 34086 '219 Squadron' as she was when l saw her at waterloo station in the early 60s (you couldn't see the cab side number...

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Having had to put up with Covid and the aftermath and being knackered all the time l have found some mojo again at last, and have taken a new layout on and a new project in the form of a TPO royal mail train in O gauge, l have bought a NSX sorting van from PR models to start with and have a Parcels 47 (Heljan) on its way, which will be converted to RES livery...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

Having had to put up with Covid and the aftermath and being knackered all the time l have found some mojo again at last, and have taken a new layout on and a new project in the form of a TPO royal mail train in O gauge, l have bought a NSX sorting van from PR models to start with and have a Parcels 47 (Heljan) on its way, which will be converted to RES livery...

Sounds a good project buddy,  👍  and as we have discussed on the phone, Covid has knocked you for six since you came out of Hospital.

Any pics in the pipeline? 😃

• Friendly/supportive 1