GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Hi Andy, Thank's for the offer, but l want to sort it out myself, l will get there in the end hopefully ?, there is so much help and information around on the subject, l was watching a DVD on weathering, and he had no spray booth at all, he just sat out in the garden with a selection of paints and his airbrush,and a cake turn-table, great stuff, just got to pick a nice day, but living in Manchester there are few day's of sunshine, if you are lucky ?...........

george.

Pick a nice day, ha ha YOU MUST BE JOKING, were in the north now, NOT in the sunny south, if you were still in Gosport you would be on the beach today, not playing trains.

Hi Andy, You are so right BUT today the sun came out, so did my airbrush, l want to build a small country station somewhere in the west country 1 or 2 passenger trains a day and a couple of goods trains, maybe an engine shed too.

george

post-7716-0-13411000-1340642974_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-15350000-1340643033_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-16040800-1340643100_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-45678600-1340643183_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-66257700-1340643258_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Lovely work George, I'm a fan of the B4's too so much so that your thread has encouraged me to get mine finished.

post-10099-0-73876400-1341009393_thumb.jpg

Unlike yours, it's 4mm/EM and built from some parts I bought on e-bay as I wasn't aware of an available etched kit. I've had the wheels for years thinking I would have to scratchbuild one too one day.

post-10099-0-79412500-1341009675_thumb.jpg

It needs a few more bits and pieces and weathering to finish it off yet but had a trial run out as EXPO EM in May.

I had a few clearance issues with the crosshead etc so whilst it was in the 'shop' for rectificaton I took a few pics.

Here's the workings

post-10099-0-80369500-1341010107_thumb.jpg

post-10099-0-05574300-1341010275_thumb.jpg

post-10099-0-18242700-1341010430_thumb.jpg

I've used a High Level 108:1 gearbox and Mashima

The next project is on the go now too!

post-10099-0-98445100-1341010795_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hello A4CML, What a lovely model of yet another B4, no mater what scale it is, l am growing very fond of the small tanks on the southern, l need to buy a couple of A1X terriers, as they are another favourite of mine, as l was born in Portsmouth, they were not too far away over on Hayling island, l just remember them running from the bay platform at Havant, also if l remember right l think two terriers used to run round to Fratton shed over night, then return early in the morning, something like that, away l remember seeing them at Fratton shed loads of times,

Andy, Yes l'm looking forward to that too.......

George.....

Hello A4CML, What a lovely model of yet another B4, no mater what scale it is, l am growing very fond of the small tanks on the southern, l need to buy a couple of A1X terriers, as they are another favourite of mine, as l was born in Portsmouth, they were not too far away over on Hayling island, l just remember them running from the bay platform at Havant, also if l remember right l think two terriers used to run round to Fratton shed over night, then return early in the morning, something like that, away l remember seeing them at Fratton shed loads of times,

Andy, Yes l'm looking forward to that too.......

George.....

I have been on the old Hayling branch unfortunatly I was not old enough to remember. We used to go to the beach from my aunts house in Havent. But I can remember them having an A1 in the carpark of the Puffing Billy pub ( I think that was the name) in my teens. Which railway has that now? That was in the days I could cycle to Hayling and back from Reading in a day.

• Like 1

I remember the Hayling Billy pub and Loco, My band did a gig there and the loco was still there then, but went soon after, not sure if there were any innerds in it to get it running again but it would be good to know. What a shame the bridge has fallen into disrepair as it would make an ideal little tramway or preserved line onto Hayling to avoid thoses awfull queues in the summer. George if you are going to do another tank loco you had also better start to think about a track plan mate.

Sold to

LSWR

March 1903. for £900 to

Freshwater, Yarmouth and Newport Railway

in March 1914. To

Southern Railway

on 1 September 1923 and

BR(S)

on Nationalisation. Withdrawn 1963. Sold for £750 to Sadler Railcar Company,

Droxford

. Sold to

Brickwoods Brewery

Portsmouth

in May 1966. Displayed on a plinth outside the

Hayling Billy

pub,

Hayling Island

until June 1979. Donated by Whitbread's {who had taken over Brickwood's) to the

Isle of Wight

Hi mate, I am loosing track of all your stock, what have you in the way of wagons / vans etc for running at Nottingham on Trebudoc in addition to thoses wonderful locos you keep producing?

Very little Andy, l need to get some, but l'm not too sure what l need, l will work out a days operation, l need a couple of green coaches, proberly lan kirks Maunsell types ? and about a dozen or so goods wagons of different types, all l have at the moment is (2) 12ton (SR) box vans, a tool van and a 20ton brake van.

George.....

Very little Andy, l need to get some, but l'm not too sure what l need, l will work out a days operation, l need a couple of green coaches, proberly lan kirks Maunsell types ? and about a dozen or so goods wagons of different types, all l have at the moment is (2) 12ton (SR) box vans, a tool van and a 20ton brake van.

George.....

They should look good on Trebudoc

Yes really looking forward to having a day of running on Trebudoc, should be fun, Not doing anything at the moment, getting ready for my next project, which will be the A1X from Ace.

george

Hello Peter, It will be Number 32678, as l have lots of colour photos of her in preservation, and many different views, so l should be able to make a good correct Locomotive, She was built in 1880 as an A1 and rebuilt in 1911 to an A1X the Southern withdrew her in 1925, and sent her to the IOW until 1936, when she came back to the mainland, and was scrapped in 1963, then preserved on the the KESR,

Regards George

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, l have Been quite busy with the 4f, and was offered a brass fowler tender, so l grabbed it with both hands, will save me building one, l have had to make some detail changes to it to be like the one l want. but l am getting there, one problem is that the tender has some dents to both sides which l thought l could remove, but it has two sides inner and outer and they are really stuck together, so l will leave well alone, l thought as it will be weathered, and the tenders did get damaged, anyway we will see...........

post-7716-0-17790700-1344530057_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-45653500-1344530124_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-65864800-1344530204_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-92996100-1344530358_thumb.jpg

• Like 8