GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

5 hours ago, RBE said:

Should try full daytime job + Cavalex Models work + family and house commitments + modelling and any other hobbies you fancy! :lol:

I need a time machine!

Agree Cav, we can certainly fill our days with all sorts of different things.

Are you still modelling in N gauge ?

I am buddy yes. The lockdown and cancelled exhibitions has allowed me to start getting the final bits of Burton on Trent sorted and all the stock finished, hopefully before next season. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, RBE said:

I am buddy yes. The lockdown and cancelled exhibitions has allowed me to start getting the final bits of Burton on Trent sorted and all the stock finished, hopefully before next season. 

l remember me and Andy drooling over the amount of detail you had added to your Burton layout when we saw it at Derby a while back, great stuff

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

Really must stay away from Dave at Poynton Garden centre, always cost me money Hahaha

Here we have a Heljan class 33 in factory weathered faded blue, 33012 very nice...

DSC06845.JPG

DSC06846.JPG

NOT very nice:no:...………...…………………......Bloomin gorgeous mate.:good:

I've been looking for a Blue or Scottish 26 to go with my 2 Scottish 37's, but this has got me thinking, especially as the Sound fitting will be easier.

Do I feel  Depot Layout coming on, a Sub Shed of Fratton or Eastleigh maybe? Just needs a couple of 50's now, haha.:D

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

NOT very nice:no:...………...…………………......Bloomin gorgeous mate.:good:

I've been looking for a Blue or Scottish 26 to go with my 2 Scottish 37's, but this has got me thinking, especially as the Sound fitting will be easier.

Do I feel  Depot Layout coming on, a Sub Shed of Fratton or Eastleigh maybe? Just needs a couple of 50's now, haha.:D

I know just what you mean mate, the last thing l wanted was another loco but just look at it, couldn't  resist ?....

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

I had mine sound fitted by Tower, the Grandaughter has knicknamed it noisy but I love the loco too:D.

Mine will be fitted with a Zimo soon, the paperwork says it so simple to fit DCC ? we'll see.

• Like 3

On 26/06/2020 at 09:21, georgeT said:

l remember me and Andy drooling over the amount of detail you had added to your Burton layout when we saw it at Derby a while back, great stuff

Yes it has a fair bit but there are some finishing touches to be done, especially around the station car park area. I have a lot of under the bonnet stuff to get sorted as well.

• RMweb Gold

Slightly off topic but whenever class 26 blue is mentioned it stirs a memory of the 60s on a fine day and the Oban Highland games with the crew siting on the rocks above eating their sandwiches - I can picture it now so thanks.

Edited by PeterBB
Typop correction
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RBE said:

Yes it has a fair bit but there are some finishing touches to be done, especially around the station car park area. I have a lot of under the bonnet stuff to get sorted as well.

Looking forward to seeing it when all finished whenever that will be ?.

1 hour ago, PeterBB said:

Slightly off topic but whenever class 26 blue is mentioned it stirs a memory of the 60s on a fine day and the Oban Highland games with the crew siting on the rocks above eating their sandwiches - I can picture it now so thanks.

l think we all have some memories of diesels in Scotland Peter, mine were at Inverness with Large Logo 37s & 47s great days...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, georgeT said:

Looking forward to seeing it when all finished whenever that will be ?.

It'll be out and about next year, virtually all my shows have been rearranged to next year.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, RBE said:

It'll be out and about next year, virtually all my shows have been rearranged to next year.

Really looking forward to seeing it again Cav, take care and stay safe...

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, RBE said:

Cheers buddy, will be great to get out and about again and see some friendly faces.

The last show l went to was Bristol GOG at the start of the year, seems like years ago, not sure if there will be any at all this year ?

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, georgeT said:

The last show l went to was Bristol GOG at the start of the year, seems like years ago, not sure if there will be any at all this year ?

All the exhibitions we normally go to have been cancelled right up to Christmas apart from maybe Manchester, not heard anything about that one yet.

• Agree 3

Hello Buddy, Yes l have a fair bit on the workbench at the mo, l have just lined out a 7mm BR Std 4 Tank 80054 and also in 7mm l am painting and glazing a Network Rail Geismar GP-Tramm maintenance truck, of which l have bought one for myself..

DSC06853.JPG

DSC06854.JPG

DSC06855.JPG

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

2 hours ago, tender said:

Hi George,

What do you use to do the lining in 7mm?

Looks superb.

Hello Ray, Mainly Fox transfers and a 40 year old Bow/lining pen, never lets me down...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1