GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

12 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Once again mate, your posts are not showing up as New Content so I'll need to look in here daily now. I have un followed, and then re followed but still no good.

Keep up the good work.

l have not got a clue Andy why its not working for you or Peter ?

On 09/01/2021 at 09:49, Isambarduk said:

I thought that everbody treated kits this way, but perhaps it's just me ;-) 

Some kits are a great aid, some kits less so and some kits are absolutely no aid at all!

David

Hi David, l normally build the cheaper end kits, so l expect some difficult work, but you would think a kit that cost over £500 would be better and easier to build ?   (Wrong). 

• Friendly/supportive 2

4 minutes ago, georgeT said:

l have decided to re-build the boiler no fault with the kit in any way its me  l had cocked it up big time, so back to the start.

DSC07225.JPG

DSC07227.JPG

DSC07228.JPG

That's a shame mate, many man hours gone into that, I hope it works this time for you.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

That's a shame mate, many man hours gone into that, I hope it works this time for you.

lt's my own fault buddy, never carry on with a build if somethings not right at the start, as l did. Hahaha.. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, meowenuk said:

You're fortunate George to have all the gear necessary to remake the boiler. Us lesser mortals would have be reliant on mates - seen any good ones lately?

Mark

Not lately Mark, but l will when they want something ? Hahahahaha

• Funny 2

42 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Well after a bit of work the boiler is now back in place, correctly positioned this time (Hopefully)

DSC07229.JPG.877517bb427112114abe85b1cf0e8462.JPG

DSC07230.JPG

DSC07231.JPG

Much better mate, and this notification came through fine, most strange.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Glad about that Andy, l feel silly that l did not put the problem right at the time l noticed it, the big thing was that the body was not in line with the rest,  and that meant that the handrails were in the wrong place as nothing would line up as they should, l guess l could have filled all the holes in but thought its easier to start again, live and learn...

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Strueth George, you build locos faster than you know who builds layouts!

I've got a little 0-6-0T kit that I haven't started yet Could you do it for me during the ad break in a TV programme?

:jester:

• Funny 3

3 minutes ago, Ray H said:

I've got a little 0-6-0T kit that I haven't started yet Could you do it for me during the ad break in a TV programme?

Hi Ray, Maybe when Coronation St is on,  Hahahaha  Hope you are well and staying safe buddy.

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, Ray H said:

Don't be fooled Ray, I have a team of Elfs  that come in whilst I'm asleep.:laugh:

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks George. I'm fine thanks - although some might say otherwise as I'm halfway through a bout of chemo. I had one course about 5 years ago and was told then I'd probably need top ups and this is the first one so can't grumble. After all its doing what it should.

Edited by Ray H
  • Friendly/supportive 4