GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

23 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Sounds a good project buddy,  👍  and as we have discussed on the phone, Covid has knocked you for six since you came out of Hospital.

Any pics in the pipeline? 😃

Not at the moment Andy, as l have some customer work to catch up up, and a few paint jobs...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

In my quest to build a TPO, class 47 hauled train l have started with a NSX Postal sorting van from PR Models, which was being a bit of a challenge at first, but after having a really nice long chat with Peter Besant at Doncaster O gauge show l discovered the kit was from David Parkins from 1987 so it is a really old kit but a few helpful tips from Peter has made the job a lot easier...

DSC07702.JPG

DSC07715.JPG

DSC07717.JPG

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Having a break from The Fairburn tank that's taking up a lot of my time at the moment, l have made a few changes to the TPO and that is to replace the ends with some Darsted ones, plus a new roof from Ellis Clark, all shown placed lightly in position...

DSC07753.JPG

DSC07754.JPG

DSC07755.JPG

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

14 hours ago, georgeT said:

Hi Andy, l must agree with you they are rather big and bold...

More so when your 13 and 4'8" tall. Worked on both of them 2073 & 2085.

OzzyO.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• georgeT changed the title to GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Back to my quest to build some TPO coaches from the 80s, so l have scrapped the lima coach route and have gone down the Darstead road by using sides, roofs and ends all l have to do now is build the floors using thick plasticard of 4mm Foamex....(here are the sides after a soak in cellulose thinners)

DSC07763.JPG

DSC07764.JPG

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• 5 weeks later...

Having two factory weathered 33012 7mm class 33s, l decided to clean up and make a class 33/1 out of the spare one 33118 a favourite of mine from my Eastleigh days...  

DSC07999.JPG

DSC08000.JPG

DSC08001.JPG

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well l am back to the building of a TPO train at last, not too happy with the yellow lines l think they are too wide as l think they are for the 325 unit (as they are a bit wider than the Mk1 stock) and they could be a bit straighter, so they will be replaced soon ...

DSC08008.JPG

DSC08009.JPG

DSC08010.JPG

DSC08011.JPG

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

3 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

They are for the 325s, produced specially for the models I built for Royal M ail when the trains were new. One of the 7mm ones is on display in the NRM.

Thanks for that Michael, explains a lot...

• Like 1