GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

That's what l will do with the weathering buddy hopefully ? hahaha, anyway l was doing a bit of wheelin & dealing as you do with some fellow O gaugers and ended up with an EWS class 60 in O gauge, what have l done ?...

• Like 2

That's what l will do with the weathering buddy hopefully ? hahaha, anyway l was doing a bit of wheelin & dealing as you do with some fellow O gaugers and ended up with an EWS class 60 in O gauge, what have l done ?...

The right thing perhaps????? :sungum:

l really had a major re-think on the future of my modelling projects, and so l have decided to get some diesels in O gauge  (sound fitted) so l have sold the Bulleid Q1, G6, Pecket & the J94 which has financed the purchase of an engineers class 37 and a green 31, and keeping all the RTR sound steam locos so l can dabble in 60s steam / diesel and the blue period.... 

post-7716-0-23075500-1534263181_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-34527500-1534263364_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-49898900-1534263526_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-71640400-1534263724_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-79214800-1534263863_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

I was thinking of 'the real things' ... in modelling  you do what you like ... perhaps one of these days I will get around to weathering etc. ...I do actually possess an airbrush although it currently resides at my son's.

l really had a major re-think on the future of my modelling projects, and so l have decided to get some diesels in O gauge  (sound fitted) so l have sold the Bulleid Q1, G6, Pecket & the J94 which has financed the purchase of an engineers class 37 and a green 31, and keeping all the RTR sound steam locos so l can dabble in 60s steam / diesel and the blue period.... 

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! After all your efforts, steam!!

My personal opinion of course!!

Regards, Deano

Don't go near Pen T Bont then Deano, :O

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/116976-pen-y-bont-from-page-39/page-93&do=findComment&comment=3266533

George is a BAD influence on me. :no:  :no:

You've got some front Peters.......Hahahahahahahahahahahahha

We NEED to talk later, Have I got News for you! :O

• Like 2

Hi Bob, lts that Andy Peters AGAIN we went for a visit in his TOPS a few weeks ago and had a play with his class 25 he bought from David (Jinty) with sound and l was blown away with it so heavy and powerful and l fell in love all over again (will l ever learn)...

• Like 3

Hi Bob, lts ME that Andy Peters AGAIN we went for a visit in his TOPS a few weeks ago and had a play with his class 25 he bought from David (Jinty) with sound and l was blown away with it so heavy and powerful and l fell in love all over again (will l ever learn)...

NO :sungum:

l know some of you think l am mad selling all my kit built locos, but in truth l have become bored with all the work involved, since l have been retired l have spent most of my days at my work bench and have built about a dozen or so locos, and they are all sat in glass cabinets on the wall, l wish l could fit sound chips in all of them but that's not practical as most of them are filled with lead weights for ballast, so there is no room for chips or speakers, plus they would all have to be hard wired (not a job for me)

l have now sold seven of them to friends and the remainder will come with me to Telford, (or flea bay) the money will go back into my hobby but in the form of RTR steam / diesel where everything is geared up for DCC sound with no fuss...

• Like 4

l know some of you think l am mad selling all my kit built locos, but in truth l have become bored with all the work involved, since l have been retired l have spent most of my days at my work bench and have built about a dozen or so locos, and they are all sat in glass cabinets on the wall, l wish l could fit sound chips in all of them but that's not practical as most of them are filled with lead weights for ballast, so there is no room for chips or speakers, plus they would all have to be hard wired (not a job for me)

l have now sold seven of them to friends and the remainder will come with me to Telford, (or flea bay) the money will go back into my hobby but in the form of RTR steam / diesel where everything is geared up for DCC sound with no fuss...

Plus you have to go with your heart. This Hobby is ever evolving, as is our interest, and if your interest is taking you in a different direction, then go with it, or sit in your arm chair, and say, I'm not interested in what I'm doing right now, and WANT to move on.

I have, like you, decided to move on, all my 4mm will go, and that will fund a few, (and it will be only a few) 7mm Diesel Locos and Sound. My current Steam Layout will stay for now, and the new Layout will be Diesel orientated, and in the Blue period, just as Kings Moreton ended up.

Whether one day I will sell of Pen Y Bont and all my Steam Stock, or sell Seven Mill Sidings and my Diesel stock, we will have to wait and see.

I personally think your doing the right thing, and so I say, go for it mate, your know you will get support from most people on here. :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P

Guest Isambarduk

Layout will be Diesel orientated, and in the Blue period, just as Kings Moreton ended up.

I am sorry to hear this :-(  Have you seen anybody about it?    David

Plus you have to go with your heart. This Hobby is ever evolving, as is our interest, and if your interest is taking you in a different direction, then go with it, or sit in your arm chair, and say, I'm not interested in what I'm doing right now, and WANT to move on.

I have, like you, decided to move on, all my 4mm will go, and that will fund a few, (and it will be only a few) 7mm Diesel Locos and Sound. My current Steam Layout will stay for now, and the new Layout will be Diesel orientated, and in the Blue period, just as Kings Moreton ended up.

Whether one day I will sell of Pen Y Bont and all my Steam Stock, or sell Seven Mill Sidings and my Diesel stock, we will have to wait and see.

I personally think your doing the right thing, and so I say, go for it mate, your know you will get support from most people on here. :sungum:

Joking aside, I agree with you Andy. The same goes for any hobby, you enjoy what you enjoy!! (....and I do quite like diesels too!!)

Regards, Deano.

• Like 1

Hi Deano, A friend of mine bought his Hejan 37 around and once he started her up? well that was it, instant love at first sight filled the room with sound.....

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 3

I have some early US dcc sound diesel locos and I must say they are a turn on! But in British modelling I just can’t get my head around the diesels that replaced steam. Perhaps it’s my age and the fact that I lost all interest when steam started to disappear. Compare an express steam express passing Tamworth to a diesel; well there was no comparison.

http://warwickshirerailways.com/misc/ph5.htm

Paul

You and me both Paul, as l have said l have built many locos in my life but since the DCC revolution things have really got better, l have been shunting wagons around all afternoon on one of my mates small shunting yard layout and it has been great fun with an 08 with a Paul Chetter sound chip fitted, l think the diesel sounds are far better than the steam sounds (IMHO) the steam is OK when shunting around blowing and hissing but when they get going they all seem to be just chuff-chuff and boring,  l have some so l will probably move them on too.. and go totally modern..(again) Hahahahaha

You and me both Paul, as l have said l have built many locos in my life but since the DCC revolution things have really got better, l have been shunting wagons around all afternoon on one of my mates small shunting yard layout and it has been great fun with an 08 with a Paul Chetter sound chip fitted, l think the diesel sounds are far better than the steam sounds (IMHO) the steam is OK when shunting around blowing and hissing but when they get going they all seem to be just chuff-chuff and boring,  l have some so l will probably move them on too.. and go totally modern..(again) Hahahahaha

Yes, George. I should add that listening to the sounds on my Lee Marsh Jubilee compared to recent sound files from Youchoos and Digitrains, the steam offerings are getting much better. But so are the diesels if Jintyman’s videos are to go by.

I suppose one of the issues with steam sound is that every steam loco had its own character. Diesels were a bit more similar.

Paul

Yes, George. I should add that listening to the sounds on my Lee Marsh Jubilee compared to recent sound files from Youchoos and Digitrains, the steam offerings are getting much better. But so are the diesels if Jintyman’s videos are to go by.

I suppose one of the issues with steam sound is that every steam loco had its own character. Diesels were a bit more similar.

Paul

Plus more room for bigger and better speakers in a Diesel.

Hi Deano, A friend of mine bought his Hejan 37 around and once he started her up? well that was it, instant love at first sight filled the room with sound.....

Hi George/Andy, From listening to some of the videos of sound, etc, they're fantastic! I'm well behind the times with DCC and sound, having been away from model railways for a few years, but the technology has moved on so fast that I can't keep up.

I'm very much a steam era modeller mainly as i come from an engineering background and appreciate the engineering involved with steam locomotives at a time when men were men and the railways were built with blood, sweat and tears (and lives!!)

As I said before, it's each to their own, and whatever floats your boat.

I'll still be following both of your threads with interest as I appreciate your skills!

Regards, Deano.