GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Here we go again this time its another David Andrews kit in the form of an Maunsell N Class 2-6-0, so starting with the chassis first l have cut out the side frames then l have to drill 6 holes to accept the plunger pick-ups before soldering together...

DSC06856.JPG

DSC06857.JPG

DSC06858.JPG

DSC06859.JPG

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 8

What a cracking start mate, so glad you've decided to show the build in stage by stage to give us mere mortals an insight into what is required to build a quality Loco from a quality kit.:good:

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

On 14/07/2020 at 15:21, georgeT said:

Dont think so paul ? You draw the diameter first..

It ws just your firt post said you were drilling the pick up holes and the second said you werew marking them out, jjust pulling your leg about it hence the smiley.

• Funny 1

No problems Paul, when l had another look at the picture l could see exactly what you meant, it does look like l had drilled the hole before l marked them out, must pay more attention in future Hahahaha...

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

Don't know about master, but really enjoying my modelling again...

The great thing is, it's not a race, if you feel like a day off, you can, it's not like a paid job that a customer is waiting for, and therefore the pressure is off, so the enjoyment comes back.

Keep the pics coming, they are fascinating mate. 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

The great thing is, it's not a race, if you feel like a day off, you can, it's not like a paid job that a customer is waiting for, and therefore the pressure is off, so the enjoyment comes back.

Keep the pics coming, they are fascinating mate. 

Spot on mate, l am really enjoying  the builds now having released  the pressure on myself, as those three Bulleids wore me down and destroyed my mojo as it was far too much to take on, lessons learned.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3