GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Hello Andy, Not a saint by any mean's, all it is, is that l like a challenge now and again, why buy it when you can make it, ok it takes a bit longer, (sometimes a lot longer) but it the end its the only one in the world, and you've built it, yes it may not be 100% spot on, but it looks good to me, and thats enough,

l look at many of your layout's, and lots of others and l think, gosh l wish l could make a layout like that, where you probably couldn't (or want to) build a loco from scratch, but then look at what else you can do, your weathering with a dry brush is superb, and now you have moved on up to an airbrush, who knows whats next ?, l could build the base board and pin down some track, but what next ?

OssyO, thank you for the information on a 4F, the drawings are spot on, thank you very much for your help.

Still a cracking job mate.

No such luck Peter l will have to make them, but then after l have built the 4F and the B4, no more scratch building for me, as l will stick to kit's starting with the A1X from Ace, l know they are at the lower end of the market, but l wont have to search or make all the bit's you need, at least you will have chimney's, dome's etc, etc.............

george

Hi, l have changed my mind of the motor for the B4, l have put the ABC in, it is on temporary (as l want to buy a David Andrews re-built west country at a later date) l will then take the ABC out and replace with a mashima one, could be year's away before this happen's,

The B4 has had her buffer beam's painted red, and the chassis need's the coupling rod's sorted, l have test run on the bench and all run's fine....

george.

post-7716-0-97073200-1339586873_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Horsetan. Yes it is a great motor, l know it's a bus engine to drive a mini, but it would only be sat in a box for a while, so l thought why not get some use out of it until it is required to drive a Bullied (whenever that is) ?

george

• RMweb Premium

.... l know it's a bus engine to drive a mini, .... george

Overkill possibly, but really not a problem George, FAR better that way round than a mini engine to drive a bus.

Cheers,

Dave.

Had her on test last night and yes she is very powerful indeed, she is almost ready for service after a few more additions, like hand rails numbers etc , and a heavy weathering ?

That looks terrific mate.

Hi, Thought l would give some weight to my B4, so l melted down some old fishing weights into the correct size of the tanks, now l have nice and neat weight inside the tanks.....

I cast lead to fit in the chassis sometimes. It is not so easy to get here in Brazil. Are those balancing holes drilled in the weight?

That's a neat idea George, my missus would could off parts, very dear to me if she found me melting lead - she doesn't like me doing white metal kits because of the lead content. :nono:

Mine used to dislike me using the gas hob for melting the lead.

When roofing in the UK I could spend weeks laying 200Kg rolls of lead on church rooves, I was never short of loco ballast.

Hi, Rob, She too would do the same, if she knew, l'm not that daft l make sure she's out for a while shopping with her mum, and that takes about 3 hour's, so plenty of time to clear up before she's home ?.

Hi Andy, Yes l am looking forward to sorting the good's out on Trebudoc with the B4 soon.

Hi Peter, You credit me with more intelligence than l have, that's just the way they looked when they cooled down.

With the B4 l have decided to weather her very dirty and number her up as 30089, as l have a picture of her at Southampton docks looking very dirty indeed, you can just about see the number's......

Hi Andy, First l use the black primer, and will use humbrol satin black as top coat, but then she will get a good weathering, l have put the numbers on and the early crest, but having a look at it now think l will replace with the later crest ?

post-7716-0-95845500-1340016757_thumb.jpg

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 6

Hi Andy, First l use the black primer, and will use humbrol satin black as top coat, but then she will get a good weathering, l have put the numbers on and the early crest, but having a look at it now think l will replace with the later crest ?

No No No leave as early crest as I always think that late crest always looks to big on tank engines, its all about ballance and domination, big logo will spiol a wonderful job.