GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

At the end of the day mate you cant take the money with you, Hahahahaha..  l know some people think we are crazy changing our projects more times than some people change their underwear? but at the end of the day we are HAPPY, and that is all that matters. roll on the next project....mine will be re-painting a O gauge Heljan class 47 from green to TTG Distribution and naming it 47317 'Willesden Yard' and a really heavy weathering, one of my favourites at Eastleigh when we used to go there in the 90s..

• Like 5

At the end of the day mate you cant take the money with you, Hahahahaha..  l know some people think we are crazy changing our projects more times than some people change their underwear? but at the end of the day we are HAPPY, and that is all that matters. roll on the next project....mine will be re-painting a O gauge Heljan class 47 from green to TTG Distribution and naming it 47317 'Willesden Yard' and a really heavy weathering, one of my favourites at Eastleigh when we used to go there in the 90s..

Wow, can't wait to see that beauty. :sungum:

I remember when you used to do the Lima OO Gauge ones, back in the day, and all the Dapol 56 into Coal Livery for your mate in Gosport. Cracking jobs.

Do you remember this OO Gauge Lima 60 you did for me? The splattering was my weathering I think.

post-9335-0-05870900-1534665168_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-04168000-1534665233_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the kind words deano, myself and Andy are so glad you enjoy our banter and the fun we have, take care Buddy.

Hi George, it's nice to see that you and Andy have this amusing banter between you!! I know (from pm's between you and I) that you and Andy go back a long way and I look forward to following your threads and hopefully meeting up with you both some time in the not too distant future?! Unfortunately I'm not likely to make Telford again this year due to work!!!

All the best and regards, Deano.

• Like 1

Glad you are enjoying the ride Deano, we dont get together very much at all these days mainly on the phone,  Andy (Bodgit) and l go back many years well over 25yrs in fact and in that time we went everywhere taking numbers and photos of locomotives, lost count of the many railway exhibitions we attended, in those days we would spend the whole day at a show, right up to the end of the show, but what with health problems and old age get in the way now for us both, the long day shows are very limited to 2 or 3 shows a year if that , Andy would exhibit his many layouts at all the shows, l helped out (occasionally) standing on your feet all the time, but l really used to enjoy meeting and talking to various people, also there was the usual gang including Peter BB, Mike and John, but sadly those days are now long gone for us, thats why we love the RM web as you can still keep in touch with loads of fellow modellers without leaving home, and you can still build up a great gang of followers, some even become good friends in time, shame you wont be at Telford would have been great to meet up with you......Take care.

• Like 1

Glad you are enjoying the ride Deano, we dont get together very much at all these days mainly on the phone,  Andy (Bodgit) and l go back many years well over 25yrs in fact and in that time we went everywhere taking numbers and photos of locomotives, lost count of the many railway exhibitions we attended, in those days we would spend the whole day at a show, right up to the end of the show, but what with health problems and old age get in the way now for us both, the long day shows are very limited to 2 or 3 shows a year if that , Andy would exhibit his many layouts at all the shows, l helped out (occasionally) standing on your feet all the time, but l really used to enjoy meeting and talking to various people, also there was the usual gang including Peter BB, Mike and John, but sadly those days are now long gone for us, thats why we love the RM web as you can still keep in touch with loads of fellow modellers without leaving home, and you can still build up a great gang of followers, some even become good friends in time, shame you wont be at Telford would have been great to meet up with you......Take care.

This site certainly is a good way to keep up with what people are doing and very intuitional! The extent of knowledge, skill and innovation is endless.

Unfortunately I am still renovating my house and have very little spare time for modelling the moment. I also started a new job last November which involved a couple of months of training, but I'm now based in the UK and no longer spending 3 weeks at a time in Saudi Arabia, and I can request days off to suit me. I had planned on going to Telford this year but I've been off work for a while due to a health issue and I have to return on 1st Sept!! Grrrrr!! Only 6 1/2 years till retirement though, but I may still be involved with ad hoc training.

Telford next year, no doubt!!

Enough waffle, so back to thread!

Regards, Deano.

Funny you should say that Bodgit, as plans are a foot to do just that, as my collection of O gauge diesels is getting bigger by the day, so materials have been ordered today to start my NEW project.... ???

• Like 3

Funny you should say that Bodgit, as plans are a foot to do just that, as my collection of O gauge diesels is getting bigger by the day, so materials have been ordered today to start my NEW project.... ???

Small Diesel depot George ? :good:

Cheers, Bob.

Well the wood / ply has been ordered so a start will be made on my new layout next week, also decided to go down the diesel route as l have said earlier recreating the 80s and 90s so as l recall liveries of all sorts of colours,just done a deal on an EWS class 60 now thats one BIG heavy and powerful beast....

• Like 5

Hi Guys, well the 60 arrived safe and sound, also arrived yesterday was four wagons from Hattons two Railfreight OAAs and two Bauxite VAAs for a bargain price of £39 each ....

post-7716-0-33579100-1535290068_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-67987600-1535290308_thumb.jpg

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 7

Finally got rid of my steam era locos / wagons and that has financed the move back into the modern scene well the (80s though to 2000) so l reckon should cover most of the liveries that l loved, so l have made a start by numbering two class 37s ...37264 (Canton) in civil engineers, and 37238 in BR Blue...

post-7716-0-29551000-1535631773_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-66320300-1535632141_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-74477300-1535632567_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-66858200-1535632866_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Finally got rid of my steam era locos / wagons and that has financed the move back into the modern scene well the (80s though to 2000) so l reckon should cover most of the liveries that l loved, so l have made a start by numbering two class 37s ...37264 (Canton) in civil engineers, and 37238 in BR Blue...

Nice job on my Blue 37 mate, cheers :sungum:  but WHICH NUMPTY put the arrows on the Dutch 37? hahahhaha :no:  :no:  :no:

P.S. You can put a pic of my Blue one on SMS if you want, Cheers.

Edited by Andrew P

l don't know how l did that, the one on the other side is right, lan Hallworth came to visit and laughed his head off as he spotted it, so all has been put right now, who needs friends like you two.. Hahahahaha...

l don't know how l did that, the one on the other side is right, lan Hallworth came to visit and laughed his head off as he spotted it, so all has been put right now, who needs friends like you two.. Hahahahaha...

YOU obviously do mate, otherwise all your Fleet would be going backwards, hahha . :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:

Edited by Andrew P