GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

• 3 weeks later...

Once the Q1 one has gone l have two early David Andrews kits, one will be a West Country and the other will be a Battle of Britain, they have been stored since 2006 and the resin body will need forming  back to shape, should be fun...

DSC06658.JPG

• Like 7

George, that tender is looking very good. When you come to do the Charlie loco boiler construction it will be just like going back to making model gliders with ribs and stringers (though no tissue paper covering!)  Great fun. :) 

Ian. 

1 hour ago, Ian Major said:

George, that tender is looking very good. When you come to do the Charlie loco boiler construction it will be just like going back to making model gliders with ribs and stringers (though no tissue paper covering!)  Great fun. :) 

Ian. 

Thanks lan, The loco body is finished, but as you say just like building planes in the old days this Q1 was one of the first batch and a bit of a challenge to build, l hope they have improved since 2006 ?..

32 minutes ago, N15class said:

Good to see you back building locos etc. I'm sure it is this that give you more satisfaction than building layouts.

Hello Peter, You are spot on mate, in all the years l have been modelling l have never had a layout for very long as l find they fiilup my space and after a while after a while l get bored with it, so yes its all in the building for me, I think a nice steam shed diorama next, just to run and photograph my locos on would be a better option, we'll see...

PS what are you up to these days?

Hello Duncan, When l was asked to build a MOK Q1 l jumped at it thinking that they were the best kits around to build, then l saw the plans that were printed in 2006, thirteen years ago, not so good? They are very vague at best, and not very clear on fitting most parts, lucky l had scratch built a Q1 a few years ago and still had the drawings to refer to, should be a bumpy ride but lm sure l will get there in the end (all fingers crossed that is)

• Like 2

Excellent craftsmanship in all of your projects George...especially liking the shark van! It was nice to (briefly) see you and Andy today at Hazel Grove, you were like men on a mission.

Keep up the excellent work! :)

Jack.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi George, Thanks for a great day, and your Q1's and T9 are looking really good.:good:

Thanks Buddy, lt was great to see you  jeff and john as well really made my day, thanks again...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack374 said:

Excellent craftsmanship in all of your projects George...especially liking the shark van! It was nice to (briefly) see you and Andy today at Hazel Grove, you were like men on a mission.

Keep up the excellent work! :)

Jack.

Thanks.

It was great to see you to Jack, busy as usual keeping the trains running on Mikes excellent  layout...

• Like 1