GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Busy in the paint shop this morning painting the 20t brake van and varnishing over the transfers, the transfers are not 100% acurate as l have loads of transfers in my scrap box, the pipe wagon never came with transfers, cant see the point spending money on special wagon transfers when its going to be weathered....

post-7716-0-08105500-1487157246_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-59935800-1487157256_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-42264800-1487157266_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Busy in the paint shop this morning painting the 20t brake van and varnishing over the transfers, the transfers are not 100% acurate as l have loads of transfers in my scrap box, the pipe wagon never came with transfers, cant see the point spending money on special wagon transfers when its going to be weathered....

That looks good mate, I NEVER look at Wagon Numbers anyway, so no worries.

Morning Andy, l have noticed that not many modellers put as much time and effort into wagons as they do with their locomotives, l take loads of model wagon pictures when l am at shows for future reference, yes there are some wagon models that are correct right down to the last rivet, and they look great, so with me if it looks about right then that'll do for me (and many more of us)..

• Like 1

That looks good mate, I NEVER look at Wagon Numbers anyway, so no worries.

You wouldn't think so, I only really bother changing them if they are larger than normal or prominently visible. Tank wagons spring to mind. However doing our 4mm PGA project you would be surprised how many people have asked if they will come with various/interchangeable wagon numbers!

l know there are lots of guys out there that live for wagons, and take down every single wagon that passes, but l am not one of them, (each to his own l guess) l love wagons to a point and l am building up a nice collection of stock, as l model (badly) SR - GWR & BR so there is the choice of many wagons, l have built a few lately and have started to detail some of them with full and empty loads, weathering next.... 

post-7716-0-49580600-1487238238_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-27614000-1487238248_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

l know there are lots of guys out there that live for wagons, and take down every single wagon that passes, but l am not one of them, (each to his own l guess) l love wagons to a point and l am building up a nice collection of stock, as l model (badly) SR - GWR & BR so there is the choice of many wagons, l have built a few lately and have started to detail some of them with full and empty loads, weathering next.... 

Hi George, I'm told by reliable sources around here, that there SHOULD be NO COAL left in the wagon, someone would have swept it out and bagged it, after all it's BLACK GOLD.

Hi George, I'm told by reliable sources around here, that there SHOULD be NO COAL left in the wagon, someone would have swept it out and bagged it, after all it's BLACK GOLD.

Don't forget mate we are talking British railways now...Hahahahaha they didn't give a sh**.........

Well l have finished off the GWR Macaw with wooded stirrers and l think they look much better just need to decide on a finish ? also made a nice load of heavy pipes just need to get some sort of chain to secure them...

post-7716-0-36485100-1487356444_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-26527700-1487356451_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Glad you found me at last Mark, no l am back to work now, may be will make it next time, hows the 2P coming along ? don't forget if yo need any help with the lining just let me know...Regards

Here's the present state of the 2P and as i said there is some roughness on the cab sides from where I applied some gloss varnish prior to applying transfers. I think I'll try a bit of fine emery paper first before resorting to stripping in brake fluid! More anon.

Mark

post-20299-0-97799800-1487713008_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Here's the present state of the 2P and as i said there is some roughness on the cab sides from where I applied some gloss varnish prior to applying transfers. I think I'll try a bit of fine emery paper first before resorting to stripping in brake fluid! More anon.

Mark

Hello Mark, After our little chat yesterday l think if you gently rub the offending areas down you could touch up with another spray over the top with the black ?

Just having a catch up George. Some nice wagons there buddy. I do like the use of the coffee stirrers. Very effective indeed.

Cheers

Marcus

Hello Marcus, They really do look better than a plain floor, just need to find some light brown stain to finish them off ?