GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Morning Guys, My last comments were for Ray, who is just starting out in 0 gauge, all l said was why bother with building the GWR locos he wanted when you can buy some of them ready made, and cheaper in some cases, and yes l know the joy of building your own locos and stock and the big buzz you get when you see it run (hopefully) for the first time, and the hundreds wagon kits which are not made in RTR market (yet) another big factor is that you have to hard wire for DCC sound and make room for the speaker, were as most RTR are DCC ready, as l know Ray is a DCC man...

• Like 1

Armed with loads of enthusiasm l can now get on with making the points required on Pit St, your visit reminded me of the days when we lived a lot closer and used to talk over all aspects of our newest (mainly your) layout problems, its amazing how we all change and drift apart over the years what with house changes marital upsets etc etc, we've all been there at one time or another...

Armed with loads of enthusiasm l can now get on with making the points required on Pit St, your visit reminded me of the days when we lived a lot closer and used to talk over all aspects of our newest (mainly your) layout problems, its amazing how we all change and drift apart over the years what with house changes marital upsets etc etc, we've all been there at one time or another...

But WE keep in touch and see each other when able, although it's getting harder now to do the journey for both of us, we still have the Old Dog and Bone to bang ideas off one another.

• 1 month later...

Ehup George ... not seen anything from you for a while although frequently checking.  How are things and how is your modelling progressing?

Hope you and yours are well, cheers, Peter

Hello Peter,  l don't build locos and stock much now, as l find the quality of RTR models are so much better these days, so why spend time and money on them for me anyway, please go to the 7mm section and look for my latest layout 'Grundy Street'...

• 9 months later...

After having a real nice break from kit/scratch building in O gauge l have decided to get back into it, so l have got all the old tools out from the shed for a fresh start, so off to Telford l went looking for a nice cheap Bulleid WC/BB to build, sadly l found nothing worth buying all the ones there were not fo me, apart from the Finney 7 one that is, but that was way out of my spending,  l then met Rob Pulman and after telling him all my problems l had he sent me along to the MOK stand, the M/N is being re-designed and will not ready for a while and then l saw their N15 King Arthur and fell in love with it, so l blew all my pocket money in one go...

DSC06243.JPG

DSC06244.JPG

DSC06245.JPG

• Like 12

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

After having a real nice break from kit/scratch building in O gauge l have decided to get back into it, so l have got all the old tools out from the shed for a fresh start, so off to Telford l went looking for a nice cheap Bulleid WC/BB to build, sadly l found nothing worth buying all the ones there were not fo me, apart from the Finney 7 one that is, but that was way out of my spending,  l then met Rob Pulman and after telling him all my problems l had he sent me along to the MOK stand, the M/N is being re-designed and will not ready for a while and then l saw their N15 King Arthur and fell in love with it, so l blew all my pocket money in one go...

DSC06243.JPG

DSC06244.JPG

DSC06245.JPG

Oh my gawed mate, how many bits in there?

Do you want to borrow my Hot Glue Gun?:o

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Hi Ray, Yes the T9 will be scratch built, got the wheels from Slaters  and most of the white metal parts from JPL at Telford on Sunday so with the MOK N15 should be busy for a week or two hahaha...

That long?:laugh: why,  are you having a day off?:P

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 1

15 minutes ago, georgeT said:

While at Telford on Saturday l bought the wheels for my T9 project which l want to build before starting the MOK 'King Arthur' l bought..

DSC06322.JPG

DSC06323.JPG

DSC06324.JPG

DSC06325.JPG

DSC06326.JPG

DSC06327.JPG

Excellent start mate, I'm looking forward to one the prettiest Locos ever made.

• Thanks 1

On 05/09/2019 at 16:21, georgeT said:

l then met Rob Pulman and after telling him all my problems l had he sent me along to the MOK stand, the M/N is being re-designed and will not ready for a while and then l saw their N15 King Arthur and fell in love with it, so l blew all my pocket money in one go...

I am glad to have been of assistance George and I am looking forward to seeing both builds:good_mini:

• Thanks 1

Thanks Rob, So pleased you guided me over to the MOK stand at Telford on Saturday, shame their merchant navy was not ready, so the King Arthur was bought instead.

I Want to build my T9 first before starting the N15,  as l have always liked the T9 with the eight wheel water carts.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, EKR said:

Glad to see you are back to building again George.

Looking forward to this one.

Thanks EKR, Great to have your company, after so long away l seemed to have forgotten the way l used to build back then, luckily l kept all of my tools and gadgets l used to use, that's why l want to build a T9 before l tackle the MOK Arthur which seems a little daunting to me at the mo.... the T9 I am (hopefully) building is No 30338 in  1960 BR lined black, with the later BR totem and all of the vacuum / Westinghouse gear was removed..

10 hours ago, Rob Pulham said:

I am glad to have been of assistance George and I am looking forward to seeing both builds:good_mini:

Welcome aboard Rob, it was great to catch up with you again at Telford, l was really looking out for a Bulleid of some sort, but sadly could not find anything suitable for what l wanted...