GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

George.

The others are right about bogies. Unfortunately your drawing is not very clear. What looks like a link between the two behind the second wheel and brake. Is in fact the bottom of the water tank. The tender is very similar to the Urie ones apart from having internal bearings  on external.

Hello Peter, Nice to here from you again, yes l made an error trusting drawings, but all is not lost as my recent research  has found having looked a T9 book (thanks lan) and watching various videos with 30120 is that the bogies hardly move when negotiating points etc so l have just added a cut in the middle so they look like bogies, far better than alterations.. ps whats on your workbench ?

• Like 2

Good recovery.

Me, nothing on bench at moment except a half built Maunsell composite. But still planning my layout. Will get back to the bench in October, after taking mum back to UK. Then decision time, as I have ready to build a GW Saint, a Deans goods, a Taff A class I think, well an 0-6-2T, and an LMS 2P. Plus one or two for me including a Finney7 M7, an A12 and superheated 700. 

Mostly post on WT now. Not fond of the new layout here and on the GOG forums. Still read and follow somethings, but don't post work very often.

Edited by N15class
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Michael Edge said:

Yes it's 7mm, it's about £8's worth and £1.50 postage. I did it originally for one of my own jobs but it went on a production etch so we have a few of them in stock.

Thank you very much Buddy l will have one as it will save me a lot of cutting out, how do l pay ?

• Like 1

Pressing on with the T9 build after making a big error on the tender in which the drawing was not 100% correct, but should be put right soon thanks to Michael Edge..the loco body is far from finished, still lots to do...

DSC06339.JPG

DSC06340.JPG

DSC06341.JPG

DSC06342.JPG

DSC06343.JPG

DSC06344.JPG

DSC06345.JPG

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 10

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a nice long break cruising on the Med l have returned fresh and rearing to go, so while waiting for the T9 chassis to arrive from Bill at premiere l have taken on a few commissions for friends, up first is a ZUV shark from PRMRP, going together well at the moment....  

DSC06543.JPG

DSC06544.JPG

DSC06545.JPG

DSC06546.JPG

DSC06547.JPG

DSC06548.JPG

DSC06549.JPG

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 7

3 hours ago, georgeT said:

Well after a nice long break cruising on the Med l have returned fresh and rearing to go, so while waiting for the T9 chassis to arrive from Bill at premiere l have taken on a few commissions for friends, up first is a ZUV shark from PRMRP, going together well at the moment....  

DSC06543.JPG

DSC06544.JPG

DSC06545.JPG

DSC06546.JPG

DSC06547.JPG

DSC06548.JPG

Looks excellent mate, the rest obviously did you good.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, georgeT said:

Thanks Guys, The wagon is coming together at last, but its a challenge l can tell you...

Totally agree George, for a start the holes for the handrails are 'drainpipe' size, you may find it easier at this stage to solder some brass behind and re-drill 0.7mm holes to suit the correct handrail size!!!

The ploughs are the other pain, bit by bit is the best way!!!

Love the T9, looking very good George. ;)

Jinty ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1