GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

21 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi George, I've been ages trying to find this thread,:no: at last, I thought it was in the 7mm section.

Any new updates?

Hello Andy l wish l had not taken this commission on as the plans / drawings are vague to say the least, but the kits are over fifteen years old so l should have known better l guess but all that being said its starting to look like a west country...pictures to follow...

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been very busy building three David Andrews 17 year old re-built Bulleid  pacific kits, far more work than l thought there would be, here is  34004 'Yeovil' with still loads more work to do on her...

DSC06764.JPG

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

Been very busy building three David Andrews 17 year old re-built Bulleid  pacific kits, far more work than l thought there would be, here is  34004 'Yeovil' with still loads more work to do on her...

DSC06764.JPG

Good to see you posting and some pics again mate, BUT, I don't think that safety Valve in Red and White is correct, surely it should be smaller and in Brass.:D

Other than that minor detail what a superb job mate, well done.:good:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Good to see you posting and some pics again mate, BUT, I don't think that safety Valve in Red and White is correct, surely it should be smaller and in Brass.:D

Other than that minor detail what a superb job mate, well done.:good:

Hahaha Looks good there don't it needs to be primed though, l have also built the tenders for the Merchant navy and the Battle of Britain...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Hahaha Looks good there don't it needs to be primed though, l have also built the tenders for the Merchant navy and the Battle of Britain...

It all looks really good including the N15 mate.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Not sure how RM works but my 'followed topics' seems to be down to 3 so I wished I'd written them all down.  Saw your response to Andy P so will now look back on this thread.

Hope you have a great 2020 year of retirement and loco building.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Not sure how RM works but my 'followed topics' seems to be down to 3 so I wished I'd written them all down.  Saw your response to Andy P so will now look back on this thread.

Hope you have a great 2020 year of retirement and loco building.

Cheers, Peter

Hello Peter, And a belated happy new year to you and yours, l guess its hard to keep up with me (and Andrew P) with all the changes we seem to have, but my main interest is building all sorts of stock locos or wagons for me and others and layout building has nearly always failed shortly after building them with this ar that not being right, so decided to spend more time on what l enjoy my main thread is on here with georgeTs workbench where l post things that l am building , nice to hear from you again, take care...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RBE said:

Great work as always George, craftsman at work.

Hi Cav,Thanks for the support mate means a lot, l remember looking at the fine details you have added on your layout, and in N gauge too, Amazing, looking forward to seeing it again one day hopefully...

9 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Your craftsmanship is superb George - seems I'm on the right thread now.

Thanks for the thumbs up Peter, much appreciated this thread is where l put all of my efforts on as l have given up on layouts to concentrate on building stock for me and others..

PS Are you still on the circuit with any layouts ?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Swad Lane was sold last year.  I had to cancel 4 in 2018 - we spent 22 weeks looking after our granddaughter and I did not have room at home to store it.

Deesdale Road is still around and went out in July 2019.  I would be happy to be on the circuit with it, old as it is although it does now have some working points' as well as the old wire pull ones.  I have ideas on producing an N-gauge 'replica' because it has many different options to keep me interested so with enough room to set up I can then run it in my 'Engine Shed'  I do have the 'skeleton' Cadley Hill that Andy P tired of but apart from a 'test run' have not spent any time on it at all.

Home layout wise I was not happy on Rothley (and Swithmore in place of a fiddle yard) so ripped up most of the track ... Andy P noticed that I had boards on the rest as it has now become a 'store'. Family, club 'politics' and adding to the main club OO layout has taken up a lot of time although I have also built a small N-gauge layout in an old gun-box approx 7" x 48" with three platforms and four sidings all options via a single DC wired central point i.e.'proper measurements!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Swad Lane was sold last year.  I had to cancel 4 in 2018 - we spent 22 weeks looking after our granddaughter and I did not have room at home to store it.

Deesdale Road is still around and went out in July 2019.  I would be happy to be on the circuit with it, old as it is although it does now have some working points' as well as the old wire pull ones.  I have ideas on producing an N-gauge 'replica' because it has many different options to keep me interested so with enough room to set up I can then run it in my 'Engine Shed'  I do have the 'skeleton' Cadley Hill that Andy P tired of but apart from a 'test run' have not spent any time on it at all.

Home layout wise I was not happy on Rothley (and Swithmore in place of a fiddle yard) so ripped up most of the track ... Andy P noticed that I had boards on the rest as it has now become a 'store'. Family, club 'politics' and adding to the main club OO layout has taken up a lot of time although I have also built a small N-gauge layout in an old gun-box approx 7" x 48" with three platforms and four sidings all options via a single DC wired central point i.e.'proper measurements!

Sounds like your bag is pretty full up Peter, but as we all know family comes first every time l hope things get back to normal soon and see you back on the circuit again, good luck mate...

• Thanks 1

Hello Andy, Apart from having NO breakfast we had a great day, did not buy any kits but l did buy lots of bits and pieces needed to complete my current stock pile, as there were loads of good traders there, also met up with Ade for a nice chat hearing of his plans for the future..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the thumbs up mate, the plates arrived from fox today so they will be fitted on monday along with a few odd jobs to complete her then on with merchant navy 35023 and then battle of britain 34077 just wish they were mine, hahaha

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Thanks for the thumbs up mate, the plates arrived from fox today so they will be fitted on monday along with a few odd jobs to complete her then on with merchant navy 35023 and then battle of britain 34077 just wish they were mine, hahaha

Nowt stopping you mate, you know you can do it, and there is no rush, I can just see a nice Stabling Points with a couple of West Country's, and an N and a Q1, haha.:nono:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 1