GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

39 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi George, eventually found you on page 5, any more new updates on the Bulleids?

Hello Andy, Welcome home buddy, the Bullieds are almost complete now having locked myself in a padded room for weeks, and they should be collected next Monday evening all being well, as l have run out of satin varnish and awaiting the postman, l will take some pictures before they go.. 

• Like 3

They look great George. I have a PDK West Country kit that i bought when i retired thinking i'd have plenty of time to build it. That was six years ago and its still sitting under the bench in its box. One day!

Ray.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Jack374 said:

They look stunning George, excellent work :good:

Jack.

Thanks Jack, l just wish they were mine l would build a depot around them, l do have one to build for myself, but need a rest from Bulleids for now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, tender said:

They look great George. I have a PDK West Country kit that i bought when i retired thinking i'd have plenty of time to build it. That was six years ago and its still sitting under the bench in its box. One day!

Ray.

We all make that mistake Ray, its a wonder we ever found time to work Hahaha, there are a couple of wc-bb kits in O gauge on Ebay at the mo, could be a new project for later ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, georgeT said:

We all make that mistake Ray, its a wonder we ever found time to work Hahaha, there are a couple of wc-bb kits in O gauge on Ebay at the mo, could be a new project for later ?

I'm afraid I've no room for a layout big enough to warrant a WC in O, just small tanks engines for me. I've a few RTR examples and would love to add an O2 kit from Connoisseur but I think it would just join the pile of unfinished projects under the bench. :mellow:

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, tender said:

I'm afraid I've no room for a layout big enough to warrant a WC in O, just small tanks engines for me. I've a few RTR examples and would love to add an O2 kit from Connoisseur but I think it would just join the pile of unfinished projects under the bench. :mellow:

Big jims 02 is a great model as l have built two of them in the past one a mainland loco the other was an island one with extended bunker, very nice to build...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, tender said:

Hi George, what size soldering iron do you use for O Gauge kits? (Just in case the bug bites).

The bug WILL bite Ray believe me, l use a 65watt station with different  settings about £65 on flea bay and 145* solder. You will never look back mate...

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, georgeT said:

Thanks for that Peter, appreciated,  nice to hear from you again hope you are keeping safe, what are you upto now?

Just getting into Cadley Hill with the proviso that everything on it must be already present - it has already presented some problems that in one case showed the value of keeping 'little bits' of odds and s8ds.

• Like 2

Hi George

Cracking job on the Pacifics x3!! Good to see your mojo back too as I enjoy following your work. I look forward to the DA N Class build as its another in my stash 'on the shelf'

A recent, and very unexpected promotion to a management position has put all my modelling on the back-burner for now, as I was about to make a start on a DA 42xx kit. Hopefully later summer time?!

Regards, Rob (Deano)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Deano747 said:

Hi George

Cracking job on the Pacifics x3!! Good to see your mojo back too as I enjoy following your work. I look forward to the DA N Class build as its another in my stash 'on the shelf'

A recent, and very unexpected promotion to a management position has put all my modelling on the back-burner for now, as I was about to make a start on a DA 42xx kit. Hopefully later summer time?!

Regards, Rob (Deano)

Thanks for the kind words Deano, life does get in the way of our hobby all the time l'm afraid, glad l don't have that problem anymore now that l have retired, but she still finds me little jobs to do around the house.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Like many of us mate, How did we find the time to fit in a full time day job? haha:yahoo_mini:

Retirement = Highly recommended.:good:

Nah, stick to working. At least you can get the weekends off! With retirement its all or nothing.

• Funny 1

Hi George.

I have lost my mojo as well. I am struggling to finish my Millholme MN that I had a long time ago.  

I am been planning on having ago on of scratch building a M7, thinking that mite push me on, I have the plans and doing the research and a book by Simon Bolton on scratch building locos.  But no not working at the moment.   

Your three bulleids are looking fantastic.

• Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Like many of us mate, How did we find the time to fit in a full time day job? haha:yahoo_mini:

Retirement = Highly recommended.:good:

Should try full daytime job + Cavalex Models work + family and house commitments + modelling and any other hobbies you fancy! :lol:

I need a time machine!

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

7 hours ago, Ray H said:

Nah, stick to working. At least you can get the weekends off! With retirement its all or nothing.

No Ray, l agree with andy retirement is great for me, so far anyway..

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, RAY NORWOOD said:

Hi George.

I have lost my mojo as well. I am struggling to finish my Millholme MN that I had a long time ago.  

I am been planning on having ago on of scratch building a M7, thinking that mite push me on, I have the plans and doing the research and a book by Simon Bolton on scratch building locos.  But no not working at the moment.   

Your three bulleids are looking fantastic.

It will return Ray promise, just model something different to take your mind off it, worked for me to get those three Bulleids done...

• Friendly/supportive 1