ModelRail USTC 0-6-0 Tank Loco Project USA

Andy Y

I ordered 30064 on 21 May 2012. It looks like it has come out now. Should I wait a couple of weeks before contacting Kernow?

Yes. I spoke with them yesterday (mine too was the first day of 2012!!) and they cannot walk around their shop at the moment due to all the USA tanks laying around.

Did you order any others? If so, they will send togethor (if its not one delayed until early 2017).

Sounds like it out sold the O2 by some margin....

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone know why some of the USA's are listed as in stock on Olivia's trains? Though Model Rail and Kernow were the only place selling them?

http://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/Bachmann-steam/Bachmann-usa-0-6-0-tank/Bachmann-mr-108-9f-92192-br-black-lcrest/
http://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/Bachmann-steam/Bachmann-usa-0-6-0-tank/Bachmann-mr-102-tank-usa-0-6-0t-southern-black/

Edited by Bluebell Model Railway

Supplying them sound fitted. One can only presume they purchsed them from MR/Kernow, and are selling them after sound fitting. Technically they will 'second hand' but obviously only gone from one retailer to another. This is in contrast to other instances we have seen of certain retailer limited editions being sold through other outlets, by agreement of the original commissioning agent (e.g Well Tanks on sale at Bodmin and Wenford Railway)

• RMweb Gold

Supplying them sound fitted. One can only presume they purchsed them from MR/Kernow, and are selling them after sound fitting. Technically they will 'second hand' but obviously only gone from one retailer to another. This is in contrast to other instances we have seen of certain retailer limited editions being sold through other outlets, by agreement of the original commissioning agent (e.g Well Tanks on sale at Bodmin and Wenford Railway)

Will this affect the warranty? - the models will have to be dissembled by Olivias plus the Bachmann Warranty card asks for any DCC chip to be removed.

• RMweb Premium

UK Law, The warranty is with the place you bought it, not the manufacturer, no matter what the shop or manufacturer says.

• RMweb Gold

UK Law, The warranty is with the place you bought it, not the manufacturer, no matter what the shop or manufacturer says.

That's not quite correct. As a consumer your statutory rights are with the place you bought it from (which would normally be a retailer rather than a manufacturer) but that is not a warranty.

The manufacturer can offer a warranty but that is in addition to your statutory rights. Sometimes it is easier and quicker to deal directly with the manufacturer but a retailer should not force you to do that

Will this affect the warranty? - the models will have to be dissembled by Olivias plus the Bachmann Warranty card asks for any DCC chip to be removed.

Normally not, but what can happen (though not much in Model railways) when 2+ manufacturers products are involved (in this case Bachmann for the loco and ESU for chip, with Olivias for the program) is that each manufactuere can say "its not us but them".

A few years back there was a dispute between Hornby DCC chips and gaugemaster DCC control, each said it was not them at first until the number of complaints was large and they then both got together to figure it out. In our market, they at least collaborated but when you get manufactuer's A telly not working with manufacturer's B home cinema in the electronics market they tend to go unresolved until some hefty consumer association attacks them. (I avoid such cases by having all such electronics which must work together from one make).

In this particular case, I would send back to Olivia's.

Edited by JSpencer

• RMweb Gold

I'm still waiting for any of my 4 on order (30064, 30067, 30069 and DS237).
My credit card details are correct, I've had an order from both MRO and Kernow in the past few months, I know there busy, I got my yellow J94 in 48 hrs, I don't want to bug them, but.....

Edited by adb968008

I know, it’s slightly depressing to see someone receive a 30067MR-109 (Nice pic by the way !) which last week wasn’t in stock whilst orders for 30064 and 30069 still remain unfulfilled, but I guess we just grin and bear it !

Edited by Nearlymen

The alternatives as I see it are:

'grin and bear it' (it's only a model railway item, nothing significant rides on it);

or,

approach the retailer with customer opinion evidence, that this style of order fulfillment does slightly take the shine off the product for a significant proportion of customers.

As the pre-ordered edition becomes a larger proportion of the market, there may be competitive advantage in recognition for class leading FIFO order fulfillment. I was pleased to get my order (no 21) for a DP1 from the NRM, fuifilled as fast as anyone else reported.

• RMweb Gold

Also bear in mind that this is a Model Rail commission,for which there appears to be unprecedented demand and that Kernow is not a large outfit.Sometimes 2 into 1 won't go and we must accept that and even be grateful that there still exists a retailer who is frankly as good as it gets.Your reward for patience will eventually appear despite the odd glitch.

I'm still waiting for any of my 4 on order (30064, 30067, 30069 and DS237).

My credit card details are correct, I've had an order from MRO and Kerbow in the past few months, I know there busy, I got my yellow J94 in 48 hrs, I don't want to bug them, but.....

They are most likely accumulating all 4 into one parcel. It is more efficient to whack out individual locos, but things risk going wrong if you start mixing multi orders with single units. The last thing you want is to be charged 4 and get 1!

• RMweb Gold

They are most likely accumulating all 4 into one parcel. It is more efficient to whack out individual locos, but things risk going wrong if you start mixing multi orders with single units. The last thing you want is to be charged 4 and get 1!

Actually i'm more worried the "hattons" pre-order approach.. I wait for the 4th and find the other 3 have gone !

Edited by adb968008

Actually i'm more worried the "hattons" pre-order approach.. I wait for the 4th and find the other 3 have gone !

From a discussion I had, Kernow are much more common sense whereby, if said USAs are all in togethor over these few weeks, they will be sent as one, however if any one of them is delayed, then all others will be sent now, the others later.

Hattons process is purely stock level, so its either take it now or wait for everything to come with the risk that one item or more might be sold out by the time the last one arrives. They are not alone in that and I would put this down to the limits of off the shelf IT tools (they really do leave out a lot of logical nice to have features from the default packages so that all businesses either live without the thing or each pay to have a custom development!!).

Little risk of Kernow selling your pre-order unless of course several months go by and you have not paid for it!

• RMweb Premium

As long as the next delivery is not in a container on a hanjin shipping company boat, they've gone bust owing 5 billion dollars, ships and cargos have been seized in some places to pay debts. Many companies orders for Christmas will not arrive.

As long as the next delivery is not in a container on a hanjin shipping company boat, they've gone bust owing 5 billion dollars, ships and cargos have been seized in some places to pay debts. Many companies orders for Christmas will not arrive.

There is no reason to believe that is the case (I have chatted to Bachmann on this); it's not really helpful to suggest such (as someone may take it as a hand-me-down fact).

• RMweb Gold

This sort of post helps no one. It's nothing short of scaremongering and is quite simply, cobblers.

Many contributors worry about the non arrival of their orders and to mention this with no basis in fact leads to confusion. The fact that Andy felt the need to clarify the situation with Bachmann illustrates the point in hand. Andy is in a much better position than most to make enquiries. Others would probably have no alternative but to contact an already busy Kernow thereby wasting the staffs time as well as their own.

Stay on topic and leave the twaddle.

Rob.

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 2

Latest update:

It has been another very busy week for us with two major exhibitions to unpack, a flood to deal with as well as processing outstanding orders! Plus Chris and Sam have been in at 6am every day...stretch and yawn!

The current position is: 1st sweep completed on MR-101, MR-102, MR-107, MR-108. 1st sweep is in progress for MR-103 and MR-104. MR-105, MR-106, MR-109 and MR-110 are
yet to be delivered.

The number of orders awaiting processing as of this morning is MR-101 - 41 (all these have issues with payment card details), MR-102 - 143 (all of these have issues with payment card details), MR-103 - 343, MR-104 - 366, MR-107 - 18 (all these have issues with payment card details), and MR-108 - 73.

The 1st sweep is where we process as many orders as quickly as possible, which means skipping any orders with invalid or expired card details. On the 2nd sweep we then take each order in turn and contact the customer to update card details. We do it this way to get through the orders as quickly as possible - it takes four times as long to process an order with an invalid card compared to an order which has no issues!

Please remember that the Model Rail system is independent of the Kernow Model Rail Centre system as the money for the Model Rail items goes to Model Rail and not Kernow, so even if you have ordered recently from Kernow that does not mean we have your card details for Model Rail orders!

We know everyone is keen to get their model and we are also keen to process them as quickly as possible. Our staff have been working many extra hours and we have also had temporary staff helping with the packing.

It would really help us if you don't phone or email just to check on your order. However, if you know your card has expired since you placed your order please DO call us and update this. If you don't call us this is not a problem as we will call or email you in due course.
Thank you, as always, for your assistance!