ModelRail USTC 0-6-0 Tank Loco Project USA

Andy Y

Hi,

Has anyone got any photos of both MR-102 Southern Livery and MR-110 Maunsell Livery USA tank together?

Thanks,

Samuel.

MR-102 is black with SOUTHERN in Sunshine lettering. MR-110 is not 'Maunsell livery' - it's BR departmental lined green livery, named MAUNSELL. There was no Maunsell livery on these locomotives as they were not acquired until after the Second World War, towards the end of Bulleid's reign. (CJL)

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Has anyone got any photos of both MR-102 Southern Livery and MR-110 Maunsell Livery USA tank together?

Thanks,

Samuel.

Doubtful outside preservation, (it may have happened at the KESR).

Southern Livery was circa 15 years earlier than Maunsell (and Wainwright) in BR Green, which first appeared in 1963.

I don't have a black USA tank (yet ;) ) but i do have these two............

I just took three photos because I'm not sure if you could see the difference in green used.

post-7447-0-91065400-1494841119_thumb.jpg

post-7447-0-77562500-1494841147_thumb.jpg

post-7447-0-18405500-1494841263_thumb.jpg

Hope it is of some use to you...

andy

• Like 3

MR-102 is black with SOUTHERN in Sunshine lettering. MR-110 is not 'Maunsell livery' - it's BR departmental lined green livery, named MAUNSELL. There was no Maunsell livery on these locomotives as they were not acquired until after the Second World War, towards the end of Bulleid's reign. (CJL)

I accidentally put Maunsell Livery instead of Named Maunsell. Thank you for highlighting the mistake.

Doubtful outside preservation, (it may have happened at the KESR).

Southern Livery was circa 15 years earlier than Maunsell (and Wainwright) in BR Green, which first appeared in 1963.

I meant to put if anybody got both models made by Bachmann and not in real life.

I don't have a black USA tank (yet ;) ) but i do have these two............

I just took three photos because I'm not sure if you could see the difference in green used.

attachicon.gifIMAG1729.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG1731.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG1730.jpg

Hope it is of some use to you...

andy

Thank you for the images they are of use.

Samuel.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have look around this site (and the web more widely) but have been unable to work out if there is a way of partially dismantling the cab on this model so as to make it easier to fit a crew. So far I have only been able to remove the bunker.

Any advice would be appreciated as while Bachmann's new style instruction leaflet is a great improvement when it comes to fitting detailing parts, it only takes about splitting the entire body from the chassis.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Unless I've missed it elsewhere in other threads, Model Rail Offers has announced two more versions to pre-order. A re-run of 30064 and s73 in BRITISH RAILWAYS black.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/106426-usa-0-6-0t-models-painted-samples/page-17&do=findComment&comment=2799324

I didn't even think to look on the Bachmann section when I searched RMWeb for the USA tank thread. I just assumed the only one would be under Model Rails section.

• RMweb Gold

Not quite sure what you were expecting? It looks pretty much like most small engines (and many big ones) - most importantly, it has all the important bits!

Roy

• RMweb Premium

Not quite sure what you were expecting? It looks pretty much like most small engines (and many big ones) - most importantly, it has all the important bits!

Roy

Wasn't expecting anything, just made a general statement

• 2 weeks later...

has anybody got any tips to fitting the drop plate to the front of the loco?

I have 4 of this USA tank locos and I found, like others that trying to put plate in the upright position is a bit of a pain.

I did manage to get one plate in the vertical position and the other 3 horizontal.

It is a fiddly job but it is doable with tweezers and I use a small amount of Pritstick. You can use tacky wax too.

I have 4 of this USA tank locos and I found, like others that trying to put plate in the upright position is a bit of a pain.

I did manage to get one plate in the vertical position and the other 3 horizontal.

It is a fiddly job but it is doable with tweezers and I use a small amount of Pritstick. You can use tacky wax too.

Thinking back, I seem to recall that it was necessary to slacken off the front body fixing(s) to allow the smokebox to be raised slightly.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Thinking back, I seem to recall that it was necessary to slacken off the front body fixing(s) to allow the smokebox to be raised slightly.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

I only found this out after I damaged one of the locating pins on mine! :D

Regards,

John Isherwood.

You're quite correct John, I seem to recall reading that on here too.

I only found this out after I damaged one of the locating pins on mine! :D

Did you manage to fix it ok SRman ?

Did you manage to fix it ok SRman ?

I did eventually. I should have gone with my instincts and loosened the fixing screw but didn't until much later. We live and learn! Thanks for asking, 71H. :)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...