When the real thing looks like a model

Those 2 running together at woody bay is clearly only a matter of time. And it will be great when it happens.

Without wanting to go too far off topic, will it be a long term thing? How much use does Lyd get in Wales?

Lyd's had a lot of use lately from what i have seen of it. Think Lyn is going up to the Ffesty first and then both go back down to the L&B towards the end of Sept'. Back on topic..Grafar 'N' gauge 08 626. 

post-31611-0-25987000-1534493138_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Lyd's had a lot of use lately from what i have seen of it. Think Lyn is going up to the Ffesty first and then both go back down to the L&B towards the end of Sept'. Back on topic..Grafar 'N' gauge 08 626. 

attachicon.gif1-5-2018_149.JPG

I'd say that was pretty good in 00, never mind N!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

See the car reversing over the level crossing to reach a parking space at 8:07. :)

And then immediately crosses the road again for another space.

It might have been a traffic warden going by the blue/white colours. However it was still a risky manouvre.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I came across this picture of Oswestry works on the Disused Stations site http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/features/oswestry_works/index1.shtml

In this case I am genuinely uncertain whether it is wholly a picture of the real thing.

post-7404-0-76281500-1543654585.jpg

Could the loco be a picture of a model very cleverly Photoshopped in? It just seems to me that the loco appears sharper than its surroundings, has a slightly plasticky sheen, and that the handrails and coupling rod details seem a little coarse.

Edited by Andy Kirkham
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Looks photoshopped to me. Look at the brickwork behind the bunker. Also the brickwork looks out of place compared to the rest of the walls.

Tension lock coupling cleverly hidden. :)

PS This is from the Oswestry Works diaroma thread. Post# 130

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/78071-oswestry-works-diorama/page-6

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Like 2

Nice 'N' gauge layout of Toton Depot. Circa  Aug' 1987.  :mosking:

attachicon.gif12-3-2018_086.JPG

Full marks for taking those awful couplings off.

And using 2mm finescale track, with no uncoupler ramps

Yeah, 'but'... The fencing between the 56 and 08 looks rather overscale for N, and everyone knows you would never see a loaded HAA MGR hopper parked all on it's own, in a Diesel depot at that!! :nono: :rolleyes: ;)

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 1