When the real thing looks like a model

16 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

A TOTALLY implausible backscene ....

Ah but be fair, it's only a train set, after all. 

Setrack straight on the floor, no ballast, road vehicles out of era with the train, which is out of era with the building.... someone just had to show off their new Hornby Rocket, that's all.... :rolleyes: :jester:

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

46 minutes ago, keefer said:

Can't be London as there's not even a solitary Routemaster or Black Cab going past :)

Even worse, whoever modelled it seems to have bought half of the cars from the Wiking H0 range! The excessive number of German prototypes is always a giveaway.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

On 19/09/2020 at 18:23, PhilJ W said:

Actually the British vehicles are quite interesting. The ice cream van is a Bedford CF, the Transit motorhome with CI body and the ice cream van on the right which is unusual being on a BMC FG chassis.

I've seen an FG as a burger and chips van, apparently professionally built but, by the time I saw it, one of those establishments where the deep fryers appear to share a common sump with the gearbox.

I'd have thought it would be a bit big as an ice-cream van.

• Like 2

On 19/09/2020 at 11:23, PhilJ W said:

Actually the British vehicles are quite interesting. The ice cream van is a Bedford CF, the Transit motorhome with CI body and the ice cream van on the right which is unusual being on a BMC FG chassis.

I can't recall ever seeing an FG ice cream van before, I must admit I hadn't clocked that on first glance. As PatB says, a bit on the large (and heavy) side!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steve1 said:

New type of laser cut fence too. Scale Model Scenery maybe?

Nice use of the Oxford Diecast Stobart Rail Tesco Container to but maybe a little too much Johnson's clear used of the loco. Maybe needs a coat of dullcoat?

50422607473_cd35cfc5cd_b.jpg37407 Inverness 21-00hrs 4-10-20. by locoman1966, on Flickr

Edited by Porcy Mane
Grammor & spooling.
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Trees and bridge look good, but the locos are Lego.

Nothing wrong with Lego - loads of fun had with my growing son with Lego.

(The stars backscene looks most realistic to bad stigmatism eyes!)

Kev.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...