When the real thing looks like a model

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

this looks a bit model like in my eyes

C169D349-0B8D-4237-8FC5-3BCE84F153D0-4769-000004123FC2334D.jpg

nice little bonus for me just after midnight at tyseley, just walking back to the station and i thought "i can hear a class 60", walked back and sure enough 60011 was running round a train on the goods, terrible lighting to ge a shot from ground level buti wasn't letting it get away without a photo

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

There is something about the platform that definately looks model like to me. Not sure ifs the cleanliness or the way the light seems to make the brickwork look like model paper.

I think thats what struck me about it, that plus the clean hardstanding and driverless loco with cab lights on

• Like 1

It's all about Depth of field, get it right and you can make just about anything look like a model!

My favourite is a 30s shot of Abbey Foregate station on the Shropshire & Montgomeryshire which was shot evidently on a view camera because it uses the Tilt shift effect quite noticeably but to great effect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this looks a bit model like in my eyes

C169D349-0B8D-4237-8FC5-3BCE84F153D0-4769-000004123FC2334D.jpg

nice little bonus for me just after midnight at tyseley, just walking back to the station and i thought "i can hear a class 60", walked back and sure enough 60011 was running round a train on the goods, terrible lighting to ge a shot from ground level buti wasn't letting it get away without a photo

Nice pic. If only someone made stencils for shunt signals?