This forum area will be available for the first couple of weeks for members to make test posts to explore functionality.

Sketchup EMU Drawings test

Ceptic

• 8 months later...

Hi Ceptic,

This looks cracking. Are going to move this over to the RP3D group? so we can see your progress.. :D

T.

Hi BotE

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the 'RP3D' group ?.

Do you mean the RMweb, in-house group ?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/forum/180-3d-printing-cad-group/

If so,...watch that space

My Emu Sketchup drawings, so far, are purely 2D.    However,    my most explorative venture in this medium, is to complete an accurate 3D, historical, rendition of Bournemouth West station.

Many thanks T. for taking an interest,... and taking me forward ..(Into the unknown)

Cheers,    Frank

• RMweb Gold

I don't know quite what I'm doing, other than trying to obtain a sharper image. The previous jpg image was too blurred.

Hi Frank,

The JPG format is suitable for real-world photographs and scans only. It's not a general-purpose image format.

For drawings, computer graphics and screenshots, always use PNG or GIF.

Notice also the massive file size reduction this gives. Your JPG was 275 KB. The PNG is only 85 KB.

Martin.

Hi Frank,

The JPG format is suitable for real-world photographs and scans only. It's not a general-purpose image format.

For drawings, computer graphics and screenshots, always use PNG or GIF.

Notice also the massive file size reduction this gives. Your JPG was 275 KB. The PNG is only 85 KB.

Martin. Martin.

Cheers, Martin

What I've been looking for, is a medium to high KB (or low MB) size, clear '/ readable file format, which can be uploaded / acceptable to RMweb

I seem to remember a previous thread, covering the different file formats for photos, graphics & drawings.

I made a (quick) search, but, failed to find.

As always, many thanks for your interest and input.

Regards,  

Frank.

Archived