Sign in to follow this  
Kris

Peco's random wagons

Guest Natalie Graham

You do have to wonder at the thought process that decides the best way to commemorate the Queen's diamond jubilee is with a clay hopper.

• Like 2

At least this one's not purple.

HM's blue clay hopper - the perfect rake for the proportedly purple Thomas (missing two wheels) shown here if only they were the same gauge and scale! ;)

Edited by Ozexpatriate

I have to agree with comments above but Peco ain't stupid. If the Royal Wedding one didn't sell then they wouldn't do this one. That, to me, is the worrying angle...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I was doing my usual "lets see what's new" browse about today and saw that Hatton's have them in stock now, too:

http://www.ehattons.com/56883/Peco_Model_Railway_Products_RW_3_Diamond_Jubilee_Celebration_CDA_China_Clay_hopper_wagon_in_royal_blue_gold_live/StockDetail.aspx

Yes, it's silly. No, I didn't buy one of the Royal Wedding purple ones. But I did buy one of these for the heck of it - which is admittedly the only real reason to. At least I don't have to pay VAT.

Matt

The narrow gauge coach looks alright though.

Jason

Nope, both items are gratifyingly tacky, though the N gauge wagon fails to be quite as hilariously inappropriate as previous essays: there's a faint whiff of gravitas about a tanker that is absent from a coal wagon. Perhaps only 7/10 for entertainment value for Peco this time, then, but still 10/10 for good honest cashing-in on by a manufacturer whose products have no relevance to the event they purport to commemorate. A fine British tradition upheld. Edited by Flying Pig

Weird, but someone must be collecting these or they wouldn't keep making them.

The coach would look ok without the writing, I wonder if it can be removed without damaging the paint.

I'm guilty of collecting the CDAs they did...nobody wanted them and Pete wanted rid of them from the shop, so I offered him £5 a piece and repainted them all to make a 22 wagon rake of HAAs on the cheap. :pardon:

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

I'm guilty of collecting the CDAs they did...nobody wanted them and Pete wanted rid of them from the shop, so I offered him £5 a piece and repainted them all to make a 22 wagon rake of HAAs on the cheap. :pardon:

Lots of Peco commissions lately - Derails, Cheltenham Models, Hereford Model Centre, Harburn. Mainly TTAs and coal wagons. Also East Surrey N Gauge group and Swansea Model Club. I enjoy collecting coal wagons and using Turton,s books for background info.

Lots of Peco commissions lately - Derails, Cheltenham Models, Hereford Model Centre, Harburn. Mainly TTAs and coal wagons. Also East Surrey N Gauge group and Swansea Model Club. I enjoy collecting coal wagons and using Turton,s books for background info.

E Surrey and Swansea MRC are Dapol N. Sorry. I also see Zaratren have had several Peco commissions in Euro liveries.

E Surrey and Swansea MRC are Dapol N. Sorry. I also see Zaratren have had several Peco commissions in Euro liveries.

Hereford Model Centre has received 9 more TTA BP ank wagons in weathered condition -different numbers to pristine ones. Peco has been doing several commissions lately but one needs to track them down!

Another commission has arrived at AGR at Leighton Buzzard for Arnold Sands -as No1 and 3. Also oo9 version.

Malcs Models has done a third Peco commission - 7plank -Awsworth Colliery -£10.95+ p+p. Not sure of prototype info.

Also I see Keith Turton with Ian Pope has written Private Owner Wagons 15. A very useful series for prototype info.

I see www.the wagonyard.co has commissioned 2 open wagons and a van from Peco In N . Their first is a 7plank for G Russell

Pennine wagons have just released two N Peco wagons -Murgatroyds Salt and MSC Brake which must be first private owner brake issued.

Wagon yard have just relased detais of their next two commissions

Derails have released their latest 7 plank commissions based on Dean Forest area. Eastern United Colliery and ParkEnd. great news for private owner collectors. Six more are planned over the next 18 months.

Brilliant service from AGR -next day arrived and pleasing model. Visited shop in May -developing well and has second hand side.

More Peco wagons from thewagonyard -Van in complex livery of Gassson and coal wagon for Victoria Coal. Based on real wagons in Turton books.