Peco's random wagons

Kris

Guest Natalie Graham

You do have to wonder at the thought process that decides the best way to commemorate the Queen's diamond jubilee is with a clay hopper.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with comments above but Peco ain't stupid. If the Royal Wedding one didn't sell then they wouldn't do this one. That, to me, is the worrying angle...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was doing my usual "lets see what's new" browse about today and saw that Hatton's have them in stock now, too:

http://www.ehattons.com/56883/Peco_Model_Railway_Products_RW_3_Diamond_Jubilee_Celebration_CDA_China_Clay_hopper_wagon_in_royal_blue_gold_live/StockDetail.aspx

Yes, it's silly. No, I didn't buy one of the Royal Wedding purple ones. But I did buy one of these for the heck of it - which is admittedly the only real reason to. At least I don't have to pay VAT.

Matt

• 5 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

The narrow gauge coach looks alright though.

Jason

Nope, both items are gratifyingly tacky, though the N gauge wagon fails to be quite as hilariously inappropriate as previous essays: there's a faint whiff of gravitas about a tanker that is absent from a coal wagon. Perhaps only 7/10 for entertainment value for Peco this time, then, but still 10/10 for good honest cashing-in on by a manufacturer whose products have no relevance to the event they purport to commemorate. A fine British tradition upheld. Edited by Flying Pig

• RMweb Premium

Weird, but someone must be collecting these or they wouldn't keep making them.

The coach would look ok without the writing, I wonder if it can be removed without damaging the paint.

I'm guilty of collecting the CDAs they did...nobody wanted them and Pete wanted rid of them from the shop, so I offered him £5 a piece and repainted them all to make a 22 wagon rake of HAAs on the cheap. :pardon:

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 7 months later...

I'm guilty of collecting the CDAs they did...nobody wanted them and Pete wanted rid of them from the shop, so I offered him £5 a piece and repainted them all to make a 22 wagon rake of HAAs on the cheap. :pardon:

Lots of Peco commissions lately - Derails, Cheltenham Models, Hereford Model Centre, Harburn. Mainly TTAs and coal wagons. Also East Surrey N Gauge group and Swansea Model Club. I enjoy collecting coal wagons and using Turton,s books for background info.

Lots of Peco commissions lately - Derails, Cheltenham Models, Hereford Model Centre, Harburn. Mainly TTAs and coal wagons. Also East Surrey N Gauge group and Swansea Model Club. I enjoy collecting coal wagons and using Turton,s books for background info.

E Surrey and Swansea MRC are Dapol N. Sorry. I also see Zaratren have had several Peco commissions in Euro liveries.

• 1 month later...

E Surrey and Swansea MRC are Dapol N. Sorry. I also see Zaratren have had several Peco commissions in Euro liveries.

Hereford Model Centre has received 9 more TTA BP ank wagons in weathered condition -different numbers to pristine ones. Peco has been doing several commissions lately but one needs to track them down!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...