To stimulate discussion, post photos and exchange ideas, and (being an open public forum) help encourage others to try S scale modelling.

S SCALE EXHIBITION DIARY - latest updates!

Phil Copleston

S SCALE EXHIBITION DIARY - where you can see S scale at forthcoming shows (regularly updated):

S scale layout bookings and events for 2015-16 are shown. If you haven't seen a working S scale layout before, get to see one at the following exhibitions!

S scale layouts are a bit thin on the ground this year (after retirement of several other well-known layouts). But I do know that more are under construction! Nevertheless, this is how the S scale diary currently looks...

• Listings for 2017 being updated... (please check back later. Ta.)

•  

NOTE: THIS LIST IS UPDATED REGULARLY AS NEW EXHIBITION DATES BECOME KNOWN - so please tell me of corrections and check back frequently!

LATEST DIARY UPDATE: 19/12/2016, 02:02

Edited by Phil Copleston
  • Like 2

• 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dear All,

Visited the show at Doncaster yesterday. Glad to see East Lynn and Nunstanton. Made my day.

Last saw it at Spalding when Trevor retired it the last time. Trevor mentioned that this was the last outing though.

Trowland only from now on. Here's to future open days, (hopefully).

Finally, thanks to Jim and Trevor for getting my track order to me. Time to construct my test bed layout.

Paul 4475

p.s. Trowland will be at Ally Pally. Enjoy the M&GN

• Like 1

In my humble opinion, Trevor Nunn's 'East Lynn & Nunstanton' layout is truly one of the best model-railways (in any scale) ever built. Period. Not just that it is entirely scratchbuilt by one man, nor that is works beautifully and prototypically, but also that it is great fun to operate. This is a good old fashioned model railway!

For me, it also illustrates the point that backscenes are not de rigueur, nor is a proscenium arch presentation. It looks and works absolutely fine as it is. It also depicts a long portion of railway with three distinct scenes (quayside scene, East Lynn station and Nunstanton station) and a minimum of hidden fiddleyard trackage (three short traintables). All too often in this country we see layouts limited to depicting an individual station rather than sweeping portions of a railway (as our North American cousins do). The fact that the locations of 'East Lynn & Nunstanton' are entirely fictitious is quite incidental!

It may no longer be on the exhibition circuit, but if you are a member of the S Scale MRS the opportunity occasionally arises to play with 'East Lynn & Nunstanton' at Trevor's home-meetings now and again. Thank you Trevor for all the years of enjoyable watching and operating your train set!  :locomotive:    

Edited by Phil Copleston
  • Like 4

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Below is a list of S Scale layout appearances for 2023.

780063830_2023events.jpg.88609088ede873574678c9bd0dd689ec.jpg

Please come and make yourselves known to the operators, we won't press gang you into re-scaling (but you will be more than welcome to come and dabble in the 1/64 world).

As always, Life, the Universe and Everything can waylay the best laid plans so please do check if you are travelling some distance just to see one of these layouts (I am sure the shows will still be worth the visit even without the S Scale bit).

Rob

Edit:-  Richard Barton will be bringing Arcadia to Uckfield - 21st & 22nd October 2023

Edited by Rob R
Additional information
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Update on the update for S Scale this year.

April 23rd                           Taunton SWAG Members Day.      Rob Rayner with Trowland and Maurice Hopper with East Lynn Quay

April 29th                           Bloxwich                                             Brendan Walsh with Emwell

May 19th, 20th, 21st        Jarrow.                                                Paul Greene with Blakey Rigg

July 1st, 2nd                      Buxton.                                                Richard Barton with Arcadia

July 15th                            Larkrail, Bath                                       Richard Barton with Arcadia

September 16th              Shenfield.                                             Rob Rayner with Trowland

September 23rd, 24th    Stafford                                                Brendan Walsh with Emwell

October 21st, 22nd         Uckfield                                                 Richard Barton with Arcadia

Edited by Rob R
formatting
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Updated list.

May 19th, 20th, 21st     Jarrow.                     Paul Greene with Blakey Rigg

July 1st, 2nd                    Buxton.                    Richard Barton with Arcadia

July 15th                          Larkrail, Bath          Richard Barton with Arcadia

August 18th, 19th         Wakefield                Paul Greene with Blakey Rigg

September 16th            Shenfield.                Rob Rayner with Trowland

September 23rd, 24th  Stafford                  Brendan Walsh with Emwell

October 21st, 22nd      Uckfield                   Richard Barton with Arcadia

November 11th, 12th  Hull                          Paul Greene with Blakey Rigg

Rob

• Like 1

Update out of date already.

East Lynn Quay added in July

May 19th, 20th, 21st     Jarrow.                     Paul Greene with Blakey Rigg

July 1st, 2nd                    Buxton.                    Richard Barton with Arcadia

July 15th                          Larkrail, Bath          Richard Barton with Arcadia

July 22nd,23rd               Exeter                      Maurice Hopper with East Lynn Quay

August 18th, 19th         Wakefield                Paul Greene with Blakey Rigg

September 16th            Shenfield.                Rob Rayner with Trowland

September 23rd, 24th  Stafford                  Brendan Walsh with Emwell

October 21st, 22nd      Uckfield                   Richard Barton with Arcadia

November 11th, 12th  Hull                          Paul Greene with Blakey Rigg

Rob

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...