Haston

Chris Gilbert

Phew!

Chris, i'm glad you had good control of that loco - it looks perilously close to the end of the layout to me! I take it you had no momentum on the loco!

I know where that was filmed!

I thought it looked familar and the sight of Mr Hey in the background confirmed that it was at Crewe the other w/e - sorry i didn't come and introduce myself, i was the one in the C&NW green hat on Fairdale sometimes, otherwise wandering and spending!

Cheers,

John E.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Uploaded a video of my new layout on Youtube

The loco (owned by Nick Palette) is an Atlas GP38 fitted QSI sound ,the main reason for DCC on a small layout.

Chris

Hi Chris great clip of fine little layout , can you give me some info about the sound chip , which specific chip it was ? and the supplier ,

also was the chip pre-fitted and if it was fitted after ...what problems did Nick have if any............you wouldn't think i wanted one would you :D:D

thanks again

regards

Brian

Lovely looking layout, and your loco is wearing probably my favourite of all the liveries across the pond. The composition of the scene is really good - the nice strong diagonal of the road and then the flow of the curved track, with the trees and grain silo (?) balancing at the back.

The telegraph poles strung with wire must have been hard work, but well worth it :)

Will

Hi Chris great clip of fine little layout , can you give me some info about the sound chip , which specific chip it was ? and the supplier ,

also was the chip pre-fitted and if it was fitted after ...what problems did Nick have if any............you wouldn't think i wanted one would you biggrin.gif:D

thanks again

regards

Brian

Brian

It's a standard Atlas QSI fiited GP38, all Nick did was swap the body.

I've a WSOR GP38 which was to be used but I ran out of time to weather it.

It's done now and will be used at Northampton on the 28th

I'm looking at adding QSI Quatum Revolution chips to anther GP38 and 2 Athearn MP15ac's

Lovely looking layout, and your loco is wearing probably my favourite of all the liveries across the pond. The composition of the scene is really good - the nice strong diagonal of the road and then the flow of the curved track, with the trees and grain silo (?) balancing at the back.

The telegraph poles strung with wire must have been hard work, but well worth it smile.gif

Will

Thanks Will

The poles were wired using E-Z wire and took about an hour.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

for anyone interested this layout can be seen at the following forthcoming Exhibitions -

15th May 2010 - Trent Valley

September 2010 - Birmingham Model Railway Exhibition Redditch

9th October 2010 - Shropshire Area Group N Gauge Society Exhibition Telford

November 2010 - Solihull Model Railway Show

November 2010 - Warley Model Railway Exhibition Nec

February 2011 - Model Rail Scotland

April 2011 - Trainwest Model Railway Exhibition

Phil - I think Chris is busy this weekend, but I have some of those from HK and they seem to be fine. Oddly Northpoint sent an email yesterday asking if I was aware of these - which might be of interest

http://www.brawa.de/en/products/h0/pin-socket-lamps/5824-us-street-lamp.html

http://www.brawa.de/en/products/h0/pin-socket-lamps/5825-us-street-lamp.html

http://www.brawa.de/en/products/h0/pin-socket-lamps/5826-us-highway-lamp.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived