Haston

Chris Gilbert

Hi Chris

The WS layout is looking great but I'd be crapping myself without an end board, or at least a 'keep net'.

Having operated this layout myself, I can confirm that there are effective wheelstops at the ends of the spurs... ;) it would take some very determined reckless driving to over-ride them... :blink:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Had the huge pleasure and privilege to operate Haston today at Glasgow. Thanks to Chris and Jack Gilbert for making me feel so welcome, and it was great to meet Shortliner Jack in person at last too.

I had a superb day operating the layout. The comments from the crowd were all very positive - one trans-Atlantic visitor turned to his companion and announced "Now that's what Vermont looks like".

post-7346-0-16224300-1298748377_thumb.jpg

post-7346-0-56903700-1298748384_thumb.jpg

post-7346-0-23391800-1298748393_thumb.jpg

post-7346-0-44079000-1298748403_thumb.jpg

post-7346-0-23457000-1298748412_thumb.jpg

post-7346-0-99764800-1298748421_thumb.jpg

... comments from the crowd were all very positive - one trans-Atlantic visitor turned to his companion and announced "Now that's what Vermont looks like".

Accolades like that are quite something!! B)

Glad you had a good time; unfortunately it looks like not every one did, from some of the posts on the Show thread itself...

Accolades like that are quite something!! B)

Glad you had a good time; unfortunately it looks like not every one did, from some of the posts on the Show thread itself...

F-UnitMad

there are always those who like to moan and not just about shows, and having run two and exhibited at many more over the last five years i can tell you,

you can please some of the people some of the time and you can sometimes please all of the the people, some of the time but on RMWeb you are never going to please all of the people all of the time.rolleyes.gif

from what I understand it has been very busy so a couple of naysayers shouldn't detract from what I think is the best show I've been to so far.

Had a thoroughly enjoyable 2 days operating with Chris, Jack, and our various guest operators - nice to meet all of you and had some good craik. Lots of interest from the punters ( on a couple of occasions they were 3 deep) and lots of chances to spread the word about the "Dark Side" I was amazed at the number who wanted to build small layouts, and hadn't heard of RMweb or Carls site (www,carendt.US) - so spread the word about those sites as well. Some very nice comments made and Chris should be justifiably proud - he has proved that you can have a layout that holds interest without needing a basement to put it in. The NE US Fall colours work very well indeed, and attract the eyes of people who might normally pass on by.. The show was VERY busy on the first day, and again on "Families" day yesterday, whether that was because of the number of people who were snowed off last year, I don't know

Guest jonte

Hi Chris/Shortliner,

May I ask what make are the brackets and rails supporting the lighting pelmet?

Many thanks,

Jonte

PS I've thoroughly enjoyed watching this great little layout develop :)

Hi Chris/Shortliner,

May I ask what make are the brackets and rails supporting the lighting pelmet?

Many thanks,

Jonte

PS I've thoroughly enjoyed watching this great little layout develop :)

Jonte - AFAIK they are standard Spur Shelving type - but I'll let Chris confirm that

Chris, Just keeps getting better! I really like the fall colors......................

Did you start the Miami layout yet?

Best, Pete.

Pete

it is started but seems to have stalled.

if i want to work on it for a few minutes I have to get both cars out and the moment is lost.

I have had outlined planning permission from the boss, for a layout in the den, which would be a 10 feet by 14 feet L shaped layout.

that way I can work on it whenever the mood takes me.

it will be a similar plan to the garage one but with a hidden siding.

Chris

more photos of Haston can be seen at The Independent North American Modellers Yahoo Group

Guest jonte

Jonte - AFAIK they are standard Spur Shelving type - but I'll let Chris confirm that

Full marks again, Shortliner - well done!

Jonte :)

Guest jonte

Jonte,

They are indeed spur shelving which are just glued, using lumberjack glue, on to the backboard

Chris

So that's why I couldn't see any nuts or bolts - thank you, Chris.

Jonte :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived