Hull and Barnsley Railway Transfers

Guest notascoobie

Guest notascoobie

Good evening.

I'm thinking of building some H&BR goods stock in 4mm scale and would appreciate information on any 4mm scale transfers (long shot) or ideas of how to utilize other transfers. Please don't ask me to consider hand drawing the letters, because I'm cack handed!

My preference would be for HB&WRJR&DCo because of my preferred early period, but H&BR would do fine. Beggars can't

be.....

Any help most gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Vernon

Good evening.

I'm thinking of building some H&BR goods stock in 4mm scale and would appreciate information on any 4mm scale transfers (long shot) or ideas of how to utilize other transfers. Please don't ask me to consider hand drawing the letters, because I'm cack handed!

My preference would be for HB&WRJR&DCo because of my preferred early period, but H&BR would do fine. Beggars can't

be.....

Any help most gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Vernon

I too model the H&B but c1962, even so, I intend to have several "Earlier" trains. I'm pretty sure the transfers you require are available, I will ask a couple of like minded mates. Mick Nicholson.

Hello Vernon. I have built several H&B wagons and one van with the "Continental Route via Hull" proclamation. I used Microscale Railroad Gothic waterslide transfers, sheet No. 90101. Each letter must be applied separately, but it is easier than hand lettering. Although they are made in the USA, they are available in the UK. Best of luck with your project.

John S.

Guest notascoobie

Mick, John,

Thanks for your inputs and advice.

I want a couple of H&BR items for my GNR themed modelling.  The "continental route" bit must have been fun but great advice thanks.

Regards,

Vernon

Make sure you post us some pictures, Vernon. I have a couple of the Hornby vans undergoing a Graeme King style makeover at the moment and I always fancied an E&WYUJR open. Sandy Croall has one on 'Penlan' but I imagine he hand-lettered that.

John S, that's a good tip. I'll file that one away.

Guest notascoobie

Hi John,

One of those would be nice too - sets the operating area!

Regards,

Vernon

• 6 years later...

I am in need of some H&B transfers for some vans. I notice the reply above about using certain individual letters for the "continental route via Hull" but what about the main H&BR lettering, which, being signwritten on the prototype, doesn't look like any modern typeface or font?  Given that the OP is from 7 years ago, has anyone got anything else to say on this subject? Has anyone produced any H&B specific transfers since the OP?

• RMweb Premium

Worsdell forever has made his own and was so very kind as to send me a sample of the artwork for HB&WRJR&DCo lettering - unfortunately I haven't had time since to make progress on the covered goods wagon I'm building. It could be worth while getting in touch with him; I hope he excuses my mentioning this.

What I haven't quite worked out is when the switch to the larger lettering and shorter title took place, for goods wagons. The first wagon behind the engine in this accident photo has the larger lettering. I haven't found a date for this accident at Melbourne Junction but in the Derby Registers its in sequence with other accident photos from around 1898 - 1903, which fits with the condition of the engine:

419664876_DY1040AccidentatMelbourneJunction.jpg.d11388cfa51a52771d239ddf27b70444.jpg

NRM DY 1040, released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) licence.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 31/03/2019 at 12:43, Ruston said:

I am in need of some H&B transfers for some vans. I notice the reply above about using certain individual letters for the "continental route via Hull" but what about the main H&BR lettering, which, being signwritten on the prototype, doesn't look like any modern typeface or font?  Given that the OP is from 7 years ago, has anyone got anything else to say on this subject? Has anyone produced any H&B specific transfers since the OP?

On 31/03/2019 at 14:56, Compound2632 said:

Worsdell forever has made his own and was so very kind as to send me a sample of the artwork for HB&WRJR&DCo lettering - unfortunately I haven't had time since to make progress on the covered goods wagon I'm building. It could be worth while getting in touch with him; I hope he excuses my mentioning this.

As Stephen has pointed out, yes I have transfers in 4mm scale suitable for, I believe, most wagons, with 'Continental Route...' branding and another sheet for the full initials. £5 posted, subsequent sheets £4.50. will do 3 wagons per sheet.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, pompom251 said:

How do we buy these transfers?

Sorry but I do not know you to be able to contact you directly.

You could try tagging Paul in the post thus @Worsdell forever or try sending him a message via RMWeb's PM facility - envelope icon on the right of the webpage header,

• 2 months later...