ARCADIA MODELS SHAW, OLDHAM

Stevelewis

I sometimes  wish  we  lived  a  bit  closer!!  We  used  to  live  in  Disley  and   then  Hazel Grove

Still a 50mile round trip for me, but Tims always helpful and he will test it before you buy never quibbles about a return either phil

Still a 50mile round trip for me, but Tims always helpful and he will test it before you buy never quibbles about a return either phil

Next time  you  call  if  he  is  not  busy,  ask Tm   about  my very  first  order with  him, It  was  for an LGB  RhB  Rallcar  Around £700s worth,  this  was  back in  the early 90s,  in  those  days  the   Parcel force driver attached   their  own labels in  the  vans  and   that  day  he  was in a rush  and  had collected a number of  parcels but not attached labels until  later,  Next  day   I got  a  Car Bumper  bar  delivered!...............It  was  clearly labelled  with  my  address on  the PF label,  but  the  other  dealer written address  was  clearly  not   mine!! 

It  was eventually  sorted  out, but  was good  fun  whist it lasted!

• 2 weeks later...

Just  been  speaking  to  Tim  at  Arcadia  and  he  tells  me  that  he  now  has  just  2  Farish Class  40  Sound on board locos  remaining  in  stock,  they  have  sold  like   Hot  Cakes!

Edited by Stevelewis

• 6 months later...

The  stock range at  Arcadia  is  greater  than  the  website  suggests,  I  needed a  couple  of  rolls of  Woodland  Scenics H0 gauge  ballast  underlay,  so  mentioned  it  to Tim  a couple  of   days  ago and  was informed  he  stocked  it,  so  they  were  duly  despatched   to me  arriving next  day  an cost me  exactly  the   same as  the  discounters,

I frequently go in for some things and come out with completely different things. 

Went in on Wednesday for paint and scenics. Came out with the paint and an apple green A4 instead of the scenics.

Its  a  bit  like  shopping  in  Home  Bargains  stores  ( one  of  which  recently  opened  close  by)  we  go  in  for  a  couple  of  items  and  emerge  with  a dozen  or  so!  Mind  you  like  Arcadia  the  prices  are  always  very beneficial,  the  other   local supemarket's  proportion of  our  weekly shopping  expenditure  has  declined  dramatically...…. I Know it  Makes  sense :onthequiet:

• Like 1

It was Tim who got me into G-Scale many years ago...…..

Keith

I was  already  into G scale  when  I  discovered  Arcadia,  must  be  over 20+ years  ago,  my  first  order  was  an RhB  Red  Railcar  about  £650 in those  days but  around 15% less than  the  competition,  if  any one  gets  a  chance  in Arcadia  ask Tim  about  that  Railcar  and  a  Car  Bumper  Bar! 

• RMweb Gold

I was  already  into G scale  when  I  discovered  Arcadia,  must  be  over 20+ years  ago,  my  first  order  was  an RhB  Red  Railcar  about  £650 in those  days but  around 15% less than  the  competition,  if  any one  gets  a  chance  in Arcadia  ask Tim  about  that  Railcar  and  a  Car  Bumper  Bar! 

......and this is what I got on my first visit!!

post-586-0-71029700-1533475473.jpg

Keith

• Like 4

Hi  Keith,     raise  the  envy level  and  show  them  some  of  the  later  pics....

The current  weather  and  phots like  yours   do  tempt  me  to   leave  the  shed  and  get back   into  the  open  air!!  Problem  is  the  garden  has  sort  of  been  taken  over  by  the  domestic  authorities  and  I  am  closeley  watched  in  case I venture out  with  a  box  of  LGB track  and  a  cpouple  of  sackes  of  gravel!!

• RMweb Gold

Hi  Keith,     raise  the  envy level  and  show  them  some  of  the  later  pics....

The current  weather  and  phots like  yours   do  tempt  me  to   leave  the  shed  and  get back   into  the  open  air!!  Problem  is  the  garden  has  sort  of  been  taken  over  by  the  domestic  authorities  and  I  am  closeley  watched  in  case I venture out  with  a  box  of  LGB track  and  a  cpouple  of  sackes  of  gravel!!

OK Steve, you asked for a pic:

post-586-0-55633500-1533493357.jpg

To orientate yourselves the patio on the earlier pic can just be seen at the end of the shed in the top righthand corner of the following pic:

post-586-0-84826800-1533493787.jpg

Keith

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 1 month later...

Just  ordered  a  couple  of  items  from  Arcadia Models.

For  information...….Tims  website  is  kept   up to  date  and  shows  what  he  ACTUALLY has in  stock.  anyone looking  for  items   that  others  have  sold  out  of  may  find  it  worth  while  having  a   look through  the  lists,  also  it  is  worth a  phone  call  if  an  item    being  sought  is  not  listed in the  lists.

01706882900 …..  if ordering  it  is  best  to  phone.

There  are  also  some  interesting  4  figure  items  listed as well  :locomotive:  See   Micrometakit

Edited by Stevelewis

• 4 weeks later...

ARCADIA  MODELS  has  stock  of  Hornby  Sir William Stanier  in  today  at  an EXCELLENT Pr!ce

Best  to  phone  rather  than  eMail,  delivery  from Arcadia  is  always  rapid.  01706 882900

No connection  just  a  long  term  satisfied  customer

Edited by Stevelewis

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 27/06/2019 at 11:13, raetiamann said:

Has anyone had sound and/or weathering done when ordering through Arcadia?

Good afternoon,

They do weathering via Craig Holt who also weathers for Sawyer Models. As for sound I cannot comment as I have never asked for this service.

All the best

Charles 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...