ARCADIA MODELS SHAW, OLDHAM

Stevelewis

Tim suffered a micro-vasucular blockage  to the heart ,which corrected itself, as stated above ,Tim is at home and hopes to be back on part time duties within a week ortwo.

Karen thanks everybody for their concern and the shop is open as usual.

Edited by brittannia
  • Like 4

Tim suffered a micro-vasucular blockage  to the heart ,which corrected itself, as stated above ,Tim is at home and hopes to be back on part time duties within a week ortwo.

Karen thanks everybody for their concern and the shop is open as usual.

Tim back at home is great news , looking forward to seeing him back at the shop very soon.  

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I've been to Arcadia today, even though Tim is at home resting, you still get the same warm welcome and great service. Came home with a nice bag of goodies, Hornby D400, a wagon, glue, sanding sheets and long strands of grass.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Arcadia is a fantastic shop . I've only been there twice as regretably not really in Oldham area any more. The very first time I was there I was offered a cuppa! Ended up buying a P2 . But loved browsing the huge range of stock. We could do with an Arcadia up in the real north (Glasgow) . Best wishes to Tim

• Like 1

I have  to  agree  ARCADIA  is  a  great  shop  which  I  support   whenever  possible,  I  first  bought   LGB  many  years  ago  and  over  the  years  many  Big   Boxes  used  to  arrive  here,  these  days  its   much  smaller  boxes,  but  very   often  the  boxes  contain  items  the  other  retailers  have  not  got ( or  never  bothered  to  stock in  the  first  place), I look  forward  to  Tim's  return

• RMweb Premium

Damned dylexia, I read "I was offered a cuppa! Ended up having a P2....  :mosking:

Good one . I'm slipping , never even thought of that . Had a cuppa and ended up having a P2

In yesterday to get a D400. 

In again today to return it and get a replacement to find Tim in the shop this morning. He is looking fine so anyone who doesn't know what happened would never realise.

Karen has allowed him in for a couple of hours to chat to customers and take money but nothing else. Nice to see him there.

Karen and Trevor are doing a great job with the shop (and the cuppa service) so no worries there.

• Like 2

It's full steam ahead at the mighty Arcadia Models, Shaw-I thoroughly recommend this fantastic shop with a HUGE range of models and bits and bobs, the staff are universally nice and you're always met with a brew and a friendly chat-it's so refreshing to visit a shop with a friendly vibe and I would not spend my pocket money anywhere else!.. Tim the boss and Mrs Tim are on hand and at your service and it's business as usual :-) cheers all :-)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

It’s by far the best stocked shop I’ve come across , and despite being a stranger I was offered a cuppa too. These are the shops we need to cherish. Just wish we had one up here in Glasgow .

I use to help out sometimes when Tim and Stuart was busy ( Stuart did the mail ordering and serving customers ) I use to make brews and run up and down the stairs for stuff. 

I remember I made a brew for a regular, he asked for a sweetener I thought I put one in but it turned out to be a mini mint.

when word got out i had done that the regulars always remind me SWEETENER .

Stuart passed away about 6 years ago he was a good friend and he always had time for people.

Mark Towers

Been in early today class 40 sound was being tested really impressed for n gauge. Had a coffee made by his daughters fair hand ,the usual T boy had a day off, and relieved of a few pounds [ Bachmann 16 ton minerals with loads 3 pack weathered x3] wished Tim and trev a merry Christmas. Probably pay another visit after Christmas too. Phil

Been in early today class 40 sound was being tested really impressed for n gauge. Had a coffee made by his daughters fair hand ,the usual T boy had a day off, and relieved of a few pounds [ Bachmann 16 ton minerals with loads 3 pack weathered x3] wished Tim and trev a merry Christmas. Probably pay another visit after Christmas too. Phil

I sometimes  wish  we  lived  a  bit  closer!!  We  used  to  live  in  Disley  and   then  Hazel Grove

Edited by Stevelewis